Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help! First hospital birth and it's twins!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
These are babies 5&6 for us but this will be my first hospital birth - I've bought 3 different sets if coming home outfits and returned them all because we are team green and I can't decide what to do lol! How many outfits do you need (assuming normal stay time)? The hospital outfits/hats/blankets gross me out (I'm an RN and all hospital stuff like that weirds me out!) and I'd like to use all my own stuff after the birth. Suggestion? Thanks for the help!
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Bring 2-3 each.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Always have a backup for your backup outfit
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Pandapanda: Always have a backup for your backup outfit
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Thoughts on gowns vs sleepers while we are there (not going home)

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM
If your children are going to spend their time Swaddlebees or doing skin to skin you don't really need outfits. We don't dress the first week unless we are going out!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I prefer sleepers. :)

Quoting StaciF: Thoughts on gowns vs sleepers while we are there (not going home)

StaciF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My hope is to stay no longer than over night at the hospital - I will swaddle and do skin to skin as much as I can but with twins and 4 other kids at home i don't know exactly how it will all work - but I'll do my best! I was just wondering specifically for the hospital what I should bring clothing wise for babies

Quoting MamaBearEH: If your children are going to spend their time Swaddlebees or doing skin to skin you don't really need outfits. We don't dress the first week unless we are going out!
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Thanks!!

Quoting Pandapanda: I prefer sleepers. :)

Quoting StaciF: Thoughts on gowns vs sleepers while we are there (not going home)

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM
To me that says you need one outfit for each to go home in, and that's it. If they're swaddled they don't need a sleeper too. If you're doing skin to skin they don't need clothes either.

I hope you get a super mama boost for going home. Can't imagine that many kids!

Quoting StaciF: My hope is to stay no longer than over night at the hospital - I will swaddle and do skin to skin as much as I can but with twins and 4 other kids at home i don't know exactly how it will all work - but I'll do my best! I was just wondering specifically for the hospital what I should bring clothing wise for babies

Quoting MamaBearEH: If your children are going to spend their time Swaddlebees or doing skin to skin you don't really need outfits. We don't dress the first week unless we are going out!
kdclink
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I say 2-3. Because accidents happen. Spit up or diaper leakage. And what you might want as your coming home may not look tight on baby. Also I say sleeper. I'm not a fan of gowns. Good luck with your kiddos and congrats. I have 2 and had my hands so full. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN