Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Old wives tales???

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
  • 14 Replies
So, recently I've read some old wives tales about which gender you are having. I have a ways to go in this pregnancy before I will know the sex of the baby, but I wanted to get your opinions and ask some questions.
First wives take: high heart beat means girls
So, what is a normal heart beat? And what constitutes a high heart beat? It's heart beat high the earlier it's checked anyway?
Second wives tale: if baby is on the left side, it's a boy.
Is this true at all?
What other wives tales are there? I know wives tales are just tales, but like I said, I've got a while to go, so this is just for fun.
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CookiMakinMomma
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I have a boy and a girl and every old wives tale I tried was accurate wuth both my pregnancies but that was luck because I've known plenty who tried them and every one of them was wrong. I don't know what normal would be for a heartbeat. Just depends on the baby I guess.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
My first they where right. Every freaking wives I took was wrong this one.
abifasc
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I'm doing a few so we'll see if they work! The wives tale is actually if baby is on left it's a girl, right it's a boy.
Oh-boy-3
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM
IMO they are just that, old tales. You can google about babys heart rate and you can see what makes bpm change, it's not gender. It's a 50/50 chance of an old tale "being accurate" bc anything can with a 50/50 chance.
mss119
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:15 AM
The theory about left versus right isn't an old wives tale, it's the ramzi theory (or is it ramzi method? Sorry, baby brain and all, lol). And the theory is that if baby implants on the right, it's a boy, and on the left, it's a girl. The heart rate one, I've heard if the heart beat is over 140, it's girl, and under 140 is boy. I never paid too much attention to old wives tales for gender with my two daughters, but I know my pregnancies with each were different as night and day, and they're both girls lol.
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM

All of them were not true for me.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Not true for me
tuckermum
by Crysta on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I found a website that had like 50 old wives tales i tried them the majority of them said boy. Thats what I had :)
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Never right for me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)