12 Shocking Pregnancy Confessions - Do You Have Any?
From the moment you start tryingto conceive, you get handed a long list of "dos" and "don'ts" by doctors and friends. From sushi to smoking, there are dozens of things we're all supposed to avoid. Except ... being pregnant doesn't suddenly make you a saint!
Need proof? Moms dished up theirmost outrageous, "dirty" little pregnancy secrets, confessions they wouldn't even share with their OB/GYN or best friend.
More From The Stir: 20 Craziest Things Pregnant Moms Have Done While 'Nesting'
- "I don't think I've ever admitted this before, but I snuck a cigarette after a small glass of wine when I was about eight months pregnant."
- "I completely ignored the whole caffeine thing. I craved Coke Slurpees and during the dog days of morning sickness (which, for my first pregnancy, was basically throughout all of it), it's one of the few things that kept me going."
- "I didn't want to admit how depressed I was while pregnant. My midwife said it wasn't proven safe to take St. John's Wort, but I just wanted to feel a little more balanced again ... so I did it anyway."
- "When I found out I was having a boy, I was so disappointed and upset. We already had four boys from a combined family. I stayed in bed for two days depressed and told everyone I had bad headaches. It took me time to adjust to the reality that I wouldn't ever have a girl, because this was our last baby."
- "I rode a couple roller coasters and jumped on a trampoline."
- "I smoked some pot through most of my first pregnancy and half of my second. I'm not proud of the things I have done, but my kids are wonderfully healthy and smart."
- "I had a one-night stand with my ex-boyfriend, who is not the father of my baby. I was single for nearly my whole pregnancy, so I wasn't cheating on anyone. But it was my first -- and only -- one-night stand, and I feel ashamed."
- "I smoked cigarettes throughout most of my pregnancy. I am definitely not proud of it, and I remember trying to quit a million times. I cut back drastically though at one point (like one a day) and quit for the last one to two months."
- "I kept eating spicy fried foods even after I was told I had high blood pressure."
- "The prenatal vitamins made me nauseous, so I would say I only took them about 50 percent of the time ... and skipped them the other 50 percent. They were freakin' horse pills! When my doctor asked me if I was taking them, I would just nod."
- "I was super sex-crazed ... and had a threesome with my boyfriend (the baby's father) and a friend of his from work who was getting a divorce!"
- "My husband and I invented a sex position. We call it our pregnancy position, and it's kind of like a scissor with me on my back propped up by pillows and him on the side. Works really well and is the only one that is comfortable all nine months. But ... I was probably on my back more than I should have been! Oops!"
Can you top these? What's your dirty little pregnancy secret?
Image via iStock/gchutka