Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help me out ladies- cloth diaper anyone?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 67 Replies
Have any of you ladies cloth diapered? I was going to, but my DH said he thinks its "gross" so I started building a regular diaper stock pile. The more I think about it I honestly think it makes sense to at least try cloth diapering bc I'll be a SAHM, it should save some money and I have "regular diapers" to use when we go out and about. Thoughts from the mommas who have cloth diapered. Did you think it saved money, pros vs cons and so forth. Thanks!!!!

---if you do/have what type/style do you prefer
---good website to purchase?
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:48 PM

cottonbabies.com is a GREAT website to buy them from... I personally like FLIPS and Ecobum. My kids hated them.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I love cloth diapering!  The pros is saving money, less chance of leakage (esp with explosion poopies), good for the enviroment, and always having diapers on hand.  I prefered the all in one since they were easier to understand for my husband.  I've dont pockets, prefolds...but, I usually would grab a aio.  As far as where to order from, this is up to you...I've ordered from cottonbabies, abbyslane, kissed by the moon, etc...  I loved the brand softbums due to it being so versatile.  Oh, and I usually did one size too for the diaper.  A lot of the ma and pa websites have reward programs which are awesome.

Oh-boy-3
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Thanks for the info!! AIO sounded good to me as well bc being new to this it seems overwhelming with all the different styles and types! :-)

Quoting meam4444:

I love cloth diapering!  The pros is saving money, less chance of leakage (esp with explosion poopies), good for the enviroment, and always having diapers on hand.  I prefered the all in one since they were easier to understand for my husband.  I've dont pockets, prefolds...but, I usually would grab a aio.  As far as where to order from, this is up to you...I've ordered from cottonbabies, abbyslane, kissed by the moon, etc...  I loved the brand softbums due to it being so versatile.  Oh, and I usually did one size too for the diaper.  A lot of the ma and pa websites have reward programs which are awesome.

Oh-boy-3
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Thanks*
Why did your kids hate them?
What style did you use and like the most?

Quoting Larsbug:

cottonbabies.com is a GREAT website to buy them from... I personally like FLIPS and Ecobum. My kids hated them.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Try not to be too overwhelmed!  You really can't go wrong.  And, it is fun to get a few of each and see what works.  I was able to sell a good number of the diapers and styles which didn't work for me on Facebook cloth diaper groups.  Also, I would recommend even getting in touch with a store online, the owners are super helpful.

Quoting Oh-boy-3: Thanks for the info!! AIO sounded good to me as well bc being new to this it seems overwhelming with all the different styles and types! :-)
Quoting meam4444:

Oh-boy-3
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM
BUMP
delia42
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I like covers and prefolds. It's the cheapest and easiest (less laundry and drying time). Just have hubby use disposables if he wants to change baby :) Google search "prefold cloth diaper" for youtube videos and you'll see how easy it is!
delia42
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I do have some aio's but the drying time sucks and you have to wash them every single time you use them. Covers you can reuse until they get dirty, all you have to wash every time is the prefold insert.
Oh-boy-3
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Thanks. Is there a certain website you order them from and a certain brand you prefer?

Quoting delia42: I do have some aio's but the drying time sucks and you have to wash them every single time you use them. Covers you can reuse until they get dirty, all you have to wash every time is the prefold insert.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend cloth diapers her son...she loves it and it's saved them sho much money! We're ttc #3, and I fully intend to cloth diaper if/when we conceive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)