Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

night time sickness instead of morning sickness

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hey everyone. . So I've never really had nausea with my other pregnancies but so far with this one I've been getting nauseous the past few nights. I know pregnant women usually feel sick in the morning hence the name morning sickness but is there anyone else who gets it at night or who had it at night? If so what did you to do help it? It doesn't let me sleep :( thanks in advance
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katcough
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Me!!! I have had it all day every day, but it gets worse at night. I make sure I don't eat a big dinner and then just eat small things until I go to bed. I also have gin gin chews that I eat once I am in bed. Nothing makes it go away, but helps me at least be able to sleep. Hang in there. How far along are you?
mamabear071012
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Hopefully it gets better for the both of us. I'll be 5 weeks friday. I found out on Sunday that I'm pregnant but I had bouts of nausea before Sunday. The fact that it's interrupting my sleep is really annoying though, as you know lol. How far along are you?

Quoting katcough: Me!!! I have had it all day every day, but it gets worse at night. I make sure I don't eat a big dinner and then just eat small things until I go to bed. I also have gin gin chews that I eat once I am in bed. Nothing makes it go away, but helps me at least be able to sleep. Hang in there. How far along are you?
katcough
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yah mine was awful in the beginning too. I am 13.5 weeks so I'm hoping to start feeling better soon!

Quoting mamabear071012: Hopefully it gets better for the both of us. I'll be 5 weeks friday. I found out on Sunday that I'm pregnant but I had bouts of nausea before Sunday. The fact that it's interrupting my sleep is really annoying though, as you know lol. How far along are you?

Quoting katcough: Me!!! I have had it all day every day, but it gets worse at night. I make sure I don't eat a big dinner and then just eat small things until I go to bed. I also have gin gin chews that I eat once I am in bed. Nothing makes it go away, but helps me at least be able to sleep. Hang in there. How far along are you?
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I get it all day and for my ENTIRE pregnancy.  I am 37 weeks and still vomit daily.  As for what can help, eat small meals.

CamaroMama214
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:57 PM
You could try Unisom tablets and vitamin b6. It's the same ingredients used in a new anti-nausea medicine called Diclegis. It has helped me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Morning sickness is just a name for it, it can happen at ANY time of the day or night. I never had it with my first pregnancy but with this one i've been sick feeling every single night since before my BFP. I was so sick in the begining I thought I had a stomach bug until it clicked that I could possibly be pregnant. I'm 17+4 weeks along now and still having issues, and i'm down 20 pounds because of it.

mamabear071012
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies! I hope we all feel some relief soon. I couldn't imagine being sick my whole pregnancy :/ It's almost 2:30am and the nausea is thru the roof! Oh the joys of pregnancy!
blinker612
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine was really bad at night. I slept like crap. I got a perscription from my that helpped a bit.

My nausea just came back at like 30 weeks and I'm only getting it at night now. It sucks. I'm going to talk yo my doctor about it at my next appointment.
mamabear071012
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I hope it the prescription helps again! I will definitely ask my Dr when I see her

Quoting blinker612: Mine was really bad at night. I slept like crap. I got a perscription from my that helpped a bit.

My nausea just came back at like 30 weeks and I'm only getting it at night now. It sucks. I'm going to talk yo my doctor about it at my next appointment.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Try sea bands. 

Also sleep somewhat propped up.  I tend to get more heartburn at night so I take a tums before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN