Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mucus plug with a hint of blood at 35 weeks *Update*

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 22 Replies

Tonight I noticed for the first time a little bit of my mucus plug came out. I know the mucus plug regenerates, but I read that if there's any blood in it, that labor is right around the corner?? I'm only 35 weeks 1 day, is this normal? 

Saw my midwife today and they're anticipating me having him in the next two weeks! Also based on my first ultrasound they think I'm really 36 weeks not 35. I'm now on strict bedrest for at least a week to try to keep him from being premature =( I've been having lots of contractions today, so we'll see if I'm having an August baby now =) 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:30 PM

yeah it can happen weeks before you actually deliver

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Yes, but to ease your mind call your OB in the AM. Some people spot for no known reason through out as well.
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Ok good, I was calm about it until I read that if there's any hint of blood that it could be hours to days away from starting labor. 

Quoting MixedCooke:

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I actually have an appt with my midwife tomorrow, otherwise I would be calling in a panic lol 

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Yes, but to ease your mind call your OB in the AM. Some people spot for no known reason through out as well.

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Quoting SecondChance709:

Ok good, I was calm about it until I read that if there's any hint of blood that it could be hours to days away from starting labor. 

Quoting MixedCooke:

I had both of mine at 36 weeks and a couple of days and they spent no time in the NICU.  The last trimester, they are still developing some but mostly just plumping up.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I'm terrified of the hospital. I go to a birthing center with a midwife so I could completely avoid the whole hospital aspect, so on top of my issues with that I also don't even have an ob to deliver if he comes too early =( 

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting SecondChance709:

Quoting MixedCooke:

I had both of mine at 36 weeks and a couple of days and they spent no time in the NICU.  The last trimester, they are still developing some but mostly just plumping up.

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Quoting SecondChance709:

I'm terrified of the hospital. I go to a birthing center with a midwife so I could completely avoid the whole hospital aspect, so on top of my issues with that I also don't even have an ob to deliver if he comes too early =( 

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting SecondChance709:

Quoting MixedCooke:

You can still have a midwife and be seen by an OB if you went to a group practice.  As for a hospital, i stay as long as they require and leave as soon as possible.  Im always a worry-wort so while Im not a fan of hospitals, Im more concerned about any complications occurring.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I don't want an ob. I'm just now concerned about if I do go into early labor I'll end up with a stranger. =( I just want him to stay in until he's fully cooked 

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting SecondChance709:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting SecondChance709:

Quoting MixedCooke:

You can still have a midwife and be seen by an OB if you went to a group practice.  As for a hospital, i stay as long as they require and leave as soon as possible.  Im always a worry-wort so while Im not a fan of hospitals, Im more concerned about any complications occurring.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Blood indicates that your cervix is changing. If you didn't have an appointment tomorrow I would say you should probably go in. Make sure you are really hydrated and keep a close eye on everything. If you start to contract at all, you should go in to L&D.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I lost mine at 32 weeks and I had him at 38weeks 0 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN