Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does this sound positive or negative?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ok so we did have unprotected sex a few days before ovulation. My period should be due in about 4 days. I took a test this morning. There was a very faint line going down but I could barely see it to indicate a positive. I threw the test in the trash, but looked at it later and there was a much darker line indicating positive. But then I took a digital and it said negative. I read the insert in the other test that you aren't supposed to read the results after 10 minutes. I know you cant tell me, but what does this sound like? Im leaning towards negative now but not sure.
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Wait a couple days and retest.
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:07 AM

You can't read a test after the timeline because it causes lines to be there and evaps. If you had a faint positive i'd re-test again with FMU and make sure to look at it within the first 10 minutes. Also, digital tests are no where near as sensative as regular tests are so that's why you probably got the negative on it. Good luck!

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM
As of now, negative. Numbers double every 48 hours-ish so wait and test again Friday. Don't even bother with a digital until you have a clear line test. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddogsmommy
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Oh I thought they were better! It did say that its only 53% effective 4 days before your missed period.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

You can't read a test after the timeline because it causes lines to be there and evaps. If you had a faint positive i'd re-test again with FMU and make sure to look at it within the first 10 minutes. Also, digital tests are no where near as sensative as regular tests are so that's why you probably got the negative on it. Good luck!

Maddogsmommy
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Thanks!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: As of now, negative. Numbers double every 48 hours-ish so wait and test again Friday. Don't even bother with a digital until you have a clear line test. Good luck!
lillucky8
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Id retest :) digitals need more hormones to show positive, the first response non digitals are much more sensitive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

After so long, there is an evap line which can form in the spot where the actual positive line would be.  I would say that test is negative, and I would try again tomorrow.  Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Oh and too, digitals aren't as sensitive as the line tests.  

Maddogsmommy
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Thanks!

Quoting meam4444:

After so long, there is an evap line which can form in the spot where the actual positive line would be.  I would say that test is negative, and I would try again tomorrow.  Good luck!

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM

never read a test after 10 minutes, test again in a few days with a pink dye and first morning urine. digitals aren't as sensitive and probably won't pick up a pregnancy for a week or 2 more anyway

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)