Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hope after recurrent mc?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
I just had my third mc and dh and I decided to take a really really long break.. this is #3 in less than 6 months.. my first and last were at 8 weeks (baby grew to about 6 weeks) and the second I lost at 5 weeks...

Anyways.. just wondering if you can share your story to help give me hope to expand our family.. I never had amc before this year and I have had two healthy pregnancies.. dd will be 7 next month and ds turned 2 in May.. my dr is stumped and I'm afraid of what testing results will show.. nothing has changed... I just don't know why it's happening all of a sudden.
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Most doctors recommend at least six months in between to allow your body time to recover, so that may help. I've never had a miscarriage, but a good friend of mine had her daughter, then had four miscarriages, followed by a stillbirth at nearly term. That was about three years ago. She had her second baby last year in the spring and had her third last month. She never found out what caused either her miscarriages or her stillbirth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akrogers13
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Thank you for sharing. My dr told me because my losses were early that I only need a month physically, but drs suggest more for emotional purposes. My second mc is most likely because I conceived too early after my first mc (it wasn't planned, I just became super fertile after) and the third loss was the third cycle after the second loss.

Quoting booaura: Most doctors recommend at least six months in between to allow your body time to recover, so that may help. I've never had a miscarriage, but a good friend of mine had her daughter, then had four miscarriages, followed by a stillbirth at nearly term. That was about three years ago. She had her second baby last year in the spring and had her third last month. She never found out what caused either her miscarriages or her stillbirth.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:59 AM
I had 2 back to back miscarriages and waited a year and am currently 37 weeks pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)