Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding during pregnancy

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
This is my first pregnancy and so I'm a little worried. I have heard that spotting during pregnancy is normal, but this still scares me. Unfortunately, I am still in the process of getting covered through Medicaid, so getting an ultrasound isn't really an option right now. I'm only seven weeks along so I wasn't too worried about how long the process would take. It's already in the works so I figured a couple weeks before seeing a doctor won't hurt too much. But now that I'm experiencing light bleeding I'm a little worried. I'm not sure how much an ultrasound costs exactly so I'm wondering if anyone out there thinks that it's worth it for me to go in without coverage or if I should just wait till Medicaid kicks in. I would really appreciate any and all advice on this. Thanks Moms!
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Bleeding is common. Unless you're soaking more than a pad an hour or have severe cramping, I wouldn't go in. Without coverage an ER would really be your only option, and barring severe bleeding, it isn't an emergency, and the ER can't tell you much anyway. Call around for doctors though, some will accept you without having Medicaid yet, and Medicaid will back pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:50 AM

I spotted/bled my entire first trimester with my 2nd child...I didn't have any with my first

Honestly I would  wait...chances are everything is fine because bleeding is normal and more common than you'd think. And unfortunately if something is not right (god forbid) the doctors can't/won't do anything

Smessina10
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Thank you both soooo much this makes me feel a lot better. It was extremely light bleeding and it only lasted one day.
amy31308
by Ashlee on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I've had bleeding every pregnancy. I guess it's normal for me. I'm absolutely dreading seeing it again because if the panic I feel when I see it.
amy31308
by Ashlee on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Good luck to you!
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I had a lot of bleeding from about 6 weeks on. I mentioned it at my first appt with the nurse. Turns out I had a bad UTI and a subchorianic(sp?) Hemmorage which I had with my first.

Once they took care of the UTI the bleeding stopped almost completely. Going strong now at 14 weeks.

If it gets heavy or painful go to the ER but its probably something simple. The ultrasound was $500 for only a few minutes. In Wi, I've heard Medicaid will go back three months when approved.
army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I bled from 11 weeks to 17 weeks with my two year old... Turns out I had a subchronic hemorrhage. I'm now 15 weeks 5 days and started bleeding heavily last week and since then I've even spotting/bleeding. I went to the er because of the amount of blood and I'm high risk and it's another subchronic hemorrhage. Even though I know that's what it is it still freaks me out! Good luck and I hope you get your coverage soon!
Smessina10
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Thank you all for your advice. I guess I've been really paranoid since becoming pregnant because I don't have coverage yet so, of course, I don't have an OB yet. When I saw the bleeding I freaked out. I just didn't know how common it was for this to happen. I am glad to know its most likely nothing to worry about. You have all made me feel much much better! Thank you!
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I never bled but have known lots of people with varying degrees of bleeding that turned out to be fine.

My first ultrasound cost 265, but the longer anatomy scan was over 500.
Smessina10
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM
So the bleeding has gotten a bit heavier, but what really worries me is a have passed a few clots today. I'm starting to get a little panicked about this. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm worried the bleeding is only going to get worse. Anytime I walk around I start bleeding. It's still not enough to soak a pad, but I've been off work for the last 2 days so I have just been laying in bed trying to relax. I'm really scared that I lost the baby or that I will lose it soon. At this point, I'm basically convinced that I have miscarried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)