• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing for labor

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
36+ wks. Went to the city today and did a good amount of walking. Came home and realized how sore I am. Pelvic area sore nd lower back sore. I'm not trying to rush him. I just want to know other ways to get my body ready and stretched for labor. Ideas please.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Sex
Heather2001
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Rest.  Honestly, you'll need energy more than flexibility or strength at this point.  Laboring is hard, but it's worse when you're tired, sore, and worn out.

lillucky8
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:23 PM
I agree, relax! Go pamper yourself :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I've been bouncing on a birth ball. Meditation is another way I'm preparing. Give it a try, couldn't hurt.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I've tried so many things.  I think the biggest thing which I have found just works best is to relax/rest and eat very healthy.

mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I wished I had done arm workouts, actually. I couldn't push the normal way because it involves pulling back on your thighs while sort of holding them up, and my arms were too weak! And although the baby was light, she's mighty heavy when in the carrier.
samsanders
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Heather! I had my first 6 months ago and I overdid the whole getting ready for labor techniques and I was exhausted and had a 24 hour labor and by the end was delusional. So rest! When we decide to try for a second baby I will make sure to rest!

Quoting Heather2001:

Rest.  Honestly, you'll need energy more than flexibility or strength at this point.  Laboring is hard, but it's worse when you're tired, sore, and worn out.

Heather2001
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Yeah, it was the biggest lesson I took away from my first birth, too!

Quoting samsanders: I agree with Heather! I had my first 6 months ago and I overdid the whole getting ready for labor techniques and I was exhausted and had a 24 hour labor and by the end was delusional. So rest! When we decide to try for a second baby I will make sure to rest!
Quoting Heather2001:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)