Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will my due date be changed?? & other questions

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

I was 30 wks 4 days at my last appointment last week and my fundal height was 37.5. I got sent for an ultrasound the next day and my son is measuring precisely two weeks ahead by femur, stomach, AND head. The nurse that called me back with these results said it's likely my doctor will change the due date to be September 26th based off the ultrasound. I've never heard of it being changed this late in the game. This is my 4th baby.  Also, he dropped last night, so low that I can't lift my stomach to see my pubic area anymore and it hurts to walk...when I sit down to pee I feel knife sharp pains in my cervix. I'm freaking the heck out that he will be too early. My first three were 34.6 weeks, 37.3 weeks, and 38 weeks. Should I go get checked?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Heather2001
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

They normally don't change it this late because U/S measurements can be so inaccurate, unlike at the beginning of your pregnancy.  I'd be wary of letting them change it at this point.  Especially if your original due date was confirmed by a dating U/S.

Larsbug
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

your due date needs to stay the same based on your FIRST ultrasound...so you have a big baby; that's no reason to change his due date. He can easily catch up to that "2 weeks" and not be off at all when he's born. Don't let them change it.

ladylopezzz
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Okay that's what I thought and what I told her. I measured October 10th from day 1 so it should stay that way

Mama_4Babies
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I'm pregnant with my 4th as well and she is due September 21st but measuring to be due around September 16th they haven't changed my due date though they actually told me that it is normal for them to measure bigger or smaller by a week or 2. With my other 3 I measured correctly through out so I had never had this happen before.
ladylopezzz
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I haven't had this happen either! I'm due October 10th but he measured for September 26th by ultrasound.

Quoting Mama_4Babies: I'm pregnant with my 4th as well and she is due September 21st but measuring to be due around September 16th they haven't changed my due date though they actually told me that it is normal for them to measure bigger or smaller by a week or 2. With my other 3 I measured correctly through out so I had never had this happen before.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I actually just had my due date changed this past Thursday, but the difference is we went back to my original u/s due date, so he's further along then we had thought this whole time. I'm now 36 weeks 4 days and on bed rest to keep this little guy in until at least 37 weeks 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)