Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I threw up my baby

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
So I was induced on Friday because my AFI dropped very low.

Since they were using the pitocin I decided I would get the epidural (since it makes contractions stronger).

Well, my epi didn't work 😁 - Well it half worked. I told them from the beginning when they stuck the needle in it was only working on the left side. So they turned me in my right side and it kinda started working, then later they turned my in my left and it stopped working in the right. I started feeling every contraction. So I asked them to turn me on my right again, didn't work.

So by 1 am the contractions were so strong and the nurse paged my midwife in case it was time to push. My mom kept asking me if I felt like I needed to push and I didn't know because it felt so different from my first. 20 minutes later and the midwife still wasn't there, the nurse went to go get her again. (I think she fell back asleep).

So she checks me and says it's time to push. By this time the contractions were so intense I got nauseous. So DH was holding the bucket, I'm puking and everyone is watching my puke. As I'm heaving I feel my baby come come out. They were so focused on me I had to tell them that he came out.

Anyway he was fine, my midwife was useless. And I sorta got a really interesting birth story. So I never had to push... Lol.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by Ashlee on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Lol that's crazy!!! Congrats to you. What a funny story.
AmandaWiggins
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Nuts! I would give a piece of my mind to that midwife
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Oh, man. xD I don't think my DH could hold the puke bucket.

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM

gross but awesome lol

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Yikes!!! But congratulations!!!!
veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Oh my gosh! That's crazy, but congratulations on your new baby boy! :-)
momof1boy408
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Congrats
jmlopez
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM
That's similar to mine. I coughed my 1st baby out. Lol I was getting sick but nothing was coming out, so I was dry heaving and coughing and she came right out. All 8lb 4oz of her.
Mrs.Becki
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Wow! I puked while I was in labor but baby didn't come out! That's a funny birth story!! Weird nobody else noticed!!
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I think they were waiting for me to finish and then figured I would start pushing. Not thinking that you use the same muscles.

Quoting Mrs.Becki: Wow! I puked while I was in labor but baby didn't come out! That's a funny birth story!! Weird nobody else noticed!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)