• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swelling feet at 13 weeks

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 13 weeks and some odd days anyway my feet are swelling in the evening. ..not around my ankles or anything just my toes and feet....I do eat alot of salty things. .I crave salt actually. .could it be too much salt? I've always ate alot of salt with other pregnancies too and my feet have never swollen ?
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Actually you need a balanced amount of salt, cutting it out can cause issues. Thatbeing said I would mentin it to your OB. If I was starting to swell at 13 wks I would really be worried about what was to come in later pregnancy! I never had issues swelling though, so I may just be overly concerned! Good Luck

Twinmama37
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Yes I have never had swelling issues either...it's really just uncomfortable but im going to tell my ob my next appointment

Quoting NoraDun:

Actually you need a balanced amount of salt, cutting it out can cause issues. Thatbeing said I would mentin it to your OB. If I was starting to swell at 13 wks I would really be worried about what was to come in later pregnancy! I never had issues swelling though, so I may just be overly concerned! Good Luck

RishawnsMom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Do you stand a lot?  I began to swell earlier in my pregnancy because I'm a hairstylist and I stand for 4+ hours a day.  You could be retaining more water this time.  I retained more with my daughter. Maybe you're having a girl lol.  

Twinmama37
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM
No I dont stand alot...ive had 3 girls and 1 boy...it's my second set of twins im pregnant with now but have never experienced any swelling. ..do you think its ok to wait until my next appointment or call and talk to the nurse sometime before then?

Quoting RishawnsMom:

Do you stand a lot?  I began to swell earlier in my pregnancy because I'm a hairstylist and I stand for 4+ hours a day.  You could be retaining more water this time.  I retained more with my daughter. Maybe you're having a girl lol.  

WillsMOM72
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I've never heard of swelling that early sorry.
RishawnsMom
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Well if you haven't experienced it before it's probably better to be on the safe side and get it checked out. 

Quoting Twinmama37: No I dont stand alot...ive had 3 girls and 1 boy...it's my second set of twins im pregnant with now but have never experienced any swelling. ..do you think its ok to wait until my next appointment or call and talk to the nurse sometime before then?
Quoting RishawnsMom:

booaura
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Be sure and mention it to your doctor. Make sure you drink plenty of water and don't cut salt out, but don't go crazy with it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mss119
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM
My feet always start selling a tiny bit by 8-10 weeks, especially if it's hot and/or I'm on my feet a lot that day, but if it's abnormal for you I'd talk to my doctor about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)