Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Body issues while pregnant?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
  • 45 Replies
Anyone get super down on their body while pregnant? This is baby #3 and I have never been this way before. I always loved seeing the cute belly and the weight gain didn't bother me. I gained 30 lbs with dd and 21 with ds. But this time around it's hitting me HARD!!! I'm only 9 weeks but I feel huge already. I'm not showing but I'm just so bloated (this is a first for me), and I feel like I've alreDy gained 10 lbs. I haven't gained any weight that I know of except maybe 1 lb but it is just seriously depressing me. I'm starving ALLLLL the time & I tell myself that I'm gojng to not eat as much the next day and then I wake up STARVING and eat the rest of the day.
Don't think I mean eat less as in like starve myself that's not what I mean, I meant making healthier choices and smaller portions!
I was never this hungry with my other 2. I'm nursing my 16 month old so idk if that has to do with me being so hungry but it's seriously depressing. I just see myself gaining like 50 lbs at the rate I'm going :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwhitfield3
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Girl I'm 33 wks with my second one and seeing the scale go up every time I step on it is depressing and thinking I'm never going to get my slim body back 😭😭😭😭😭😭
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Yes, only mine is the opposite. I started out at a healthy weight, toned, fit, and I felt good about myself. I lost 28 lbs in the first 16 weeks, I spent three weeks in the hospital, including time in ICU, I'm fighting to gain weight back, and I'm too sick and weak to do much of anything, though I am better than I was. I am right on the line of being underweight and the way I look, I'd make the zombies from Walking Dead look like run way models. I know it isn't forever, and that I shouldn't be so concerned with how I look, but it isn't even that. I have three other small children that I can barely take care of because I have no energy. I had a job that I loved that I had to flat out quit, unable to work out a notice, because of this. The hormones and worry of adding two more babies don't help. Pregnancy is just rough. Talk to your doctor about being healthy and remember this isn't forever. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I was super hungry like that in the beginning of this pregnancy and being overweight I was super concerned about managing that feeling. It went away pretty quick. I was nauseous too so I kinda had to go with what sounded good not always healthy decisions. Sometimes I think it is just what your body needs for a time. Try not to be too hard on yourself and yes I guarantee that nursing your toddler is making your body need even more calories right now.
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM
That's what I figured it was him
Nursing making me need extra. Dh said I don't need to ignore the hunger cues because it's my body telling me I need stuff. I just need to make healthier options available more often

Quoting Curlgurl: I was super hungry like that in the beginning of this pregnancy and being overweight I was super concerned about managing that feeling. It went away pretty quick. I was nauseous too so I kinda had to go with what sounded good not always healthy decisions. Sometimes I think it is just what your body needs for a time. Try not to be too hard on yourself and yes I guarantee that nursing your toddler is making your body need even more calories right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Aw that has to be hard I'm sorry :(. Is your belly still growing even though your loosing weight?

Quoting booaura: Yes, only mine is the opposite. I started out at a healthy weight, toned, fit, and I felt good about myself. I lost 28 lbs in the first 16 weeks, I spent three weeks in the hospital, including time in ICU, I'm fighting to gain weight back, and I'm too sick and weak to do much of anything, though I am better than I was. I am right on the line of being underweight and the way I look, I'd make the zombies from Walking Dead look like run way models. I know it isn't forever, and that I shouldn't be so concerned with how I look, but it isn't even that. I have three other small children that I can barely take care of because I have no energy. I had a job that I loved that I had to flat out quit, unable to work out a notice, because of this. The hormones and worry of adding two more babies don't help. Pregnancy is just rough. Talk to your doctor about being healthy and remember this isn't forever. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM
That's what I'm thinking!! I got so lucky the first 2x I don't think I can get lucky 3x :( it's depressing

Quoting bwhitfield3: Girl I'm 33 wks with my second one and seeing the scale go up every time I step on it is depressing and thinking I'm never going to get my slim body back 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Dont worry too much about it. My situation is almost identical. Gained 30lb w/DD, 20lb w/DS, never minded weight gain. Im 28wks w/#3 now and have had a crazy big appetite since the very start, even thru MS i would eat all day! I gained like 5lbs by 12wks and kept telling myself i was gonna eat less but would be starving. Im now 28wks and only up 17lbs. I really thought i would have gained like 40lbs by now but i havent. Eat as much as you want just try to be healthy when u can.
chairhead28
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I suffer from anorexia and have for many years...this is also my third and making it reallllllly difficult to eat and not get anxious over it...I also have a very difficult time getting hungry and usually am only hungry once a day, around 9pm.
I just got a call Friday that I failed my glucose test and I don't see how that's possible because I hardly eat and now I'm stressed I'm going to have to follow a rigid diet and it's already hard enough for me to eat when I "want" to let alone be told how and when.
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM
We're dealing with it. I've finally stopped losing weight, and even started gaining a bit back, but I'm still 20 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Yes, it's still growing, though it isn't too noticeable. The twins are growing on track though.

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: Aw that has to be hard I'm sorry :(. Is your belly still growing even though your loosing weight?

Quoting booaura: Yes, only mine is the opposite. I started out at a healthy weight, toned, fit, and I felt good about myself. I lost 28 lbs in the first 16 weeks, I spent three weeks in the hospital, including time in ICU, I'm fighting to gain weight back, and I'm too sick and weak to do much of anything, though I am better than I was. I am right on the line of being underweight and the way I look, I'd make the zombies from Walking Dead look like run way models. I know it isn't forever, and that I shouldn't be so concerned with how I look, but it isn't even that. I have three other small children that I can barely take care of because I have no energy. I had a job that I loved that I had to flat out quit, unable to work out a notice, because of this. The hormones and worry of adding two more babies don't help. Pregnancy is just rough. Talk to your doctor about being healthy and remember this isn't forever. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StaciF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I'm really struggling this time and the scale just goes up and up - I've lost the weight every time so I can do it again but man it's still hard mentally
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)