• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 weeks and i have placenta previa ...again...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

so i have placental previa again and im wondering if anyone has had it twice and if you can it a third time or if its even ok to concieve again... my husband wants to try for a boy ( my son is from a previous marriage ) to carry on the family name.....

family in the van Always ready

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.PinkHart.
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Me. Had it with both my kids (complete previa and marginal) This pregnancy started as a previa but moved up. It didn't move with my other two. After my second, my Ob said nothing about not TTC again. And not even when we discussed a tubal and I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to or try for a fourth baby. Its not extremely common to have repeat previa she said. Having it once doesn't mean anything about having it again. I (and you ) apparently lucked out on that.
evilangel198431
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM
It's okay for you to try for another. I had placenta previa with this one. It moved out of the way. Due to other last minute complications I had an emergency c section anyway.
lillucky8
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:17 AM
I had it with my first, not my second and it moved before birth, no complications
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:51 AM

No clue but good luck.

Brooklynn814
by on Sep. 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I have placenta previa. What I want to know is if everyone who had it was bleeding and if so for how long. I have been on bed rest for 6 days already and still bleeding with tissue clumps every so often. This is really making me nervous. 

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I would go in to be checked as soon as you can.  Though some women experience bleeding or spotting, and discharge... I don't believe clumps of tissue is normal.

Quoting Brooklynn814:

I have placenta previa. What I want to know is if everyone who had it was bleeding and if so for how long. I have been on bed rest for 6 days already and still bleeding with tissue clumps every so often. This is really making me nervous. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM

It is totally possible have another pregnancy.  I'm sure they will just keep a close eye on you, and bleeding is always a sign that something may be up (as I am sure you know).

Leilapetal
by on Sep. 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

My sister (I have 3 sisters and two of them are pregnant) has just gotten pregnant with her 4th child and each child has had placental previa but luckily, it moved and they were all natural births. Although it's rare, it very well could happen to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)