Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

feeling discouraged?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

My cravings have been getting the best of me lately. I can eat well all day, but at night, forget it. Like yesterday, I had greek yogurt with almonds, granola, and some coffee for brunch. For dinner I had grilled fish with green beans, broccoli, and corn. 10 bottles of water throughout the day. Then at night while working on classes, I couldn't resist a scoop of ice cream :( I've only gained 4 lbs so far at 33 weeks but i'm afraid i'll blow up. any advice on cutting out the sweets? And i can't just throw them out because my mother does the shopping. I've suggested going with her to get some healthier options but she says "your sister would flip if I took her junk food"..um a 155 lb 12 year old does not NEED junk food but that's beside the point, but I am worried about her.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM
4 lbs and 33 weeks is great! Just reduce your carbs or exercise when you splurge a little.
Devious103102
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM

1-4lbs at 33 weeks is amazing, cudo's!

2-You're pregnant, a scoop of ice cream every now and then, or hell even nightly, is NOT going to make you "blow up". 

Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Were you overweight to begin with?  If not, you really haven't gained enough for as far along as you are.  I mean, baby weighs over 4 lbs at this point, and that's not including placenta, amniotic fluid, and the extra blood volume so you've effectively lost body weight this pregnancy which isn't healthy if it can be avoided. 

babysteps98
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Heather2001:

Were you overweight to begin with?  If not, you really haven't gained enough for as far along as you are.  I mean, baby weighs over 4 lbs at this point, and that's not including placenta, amniotic fluid, and the extra blood volume so you've effectively lost body weight this pregnancy which isn't healthy if it can be avoided. 

i'm about 5'7 and normally 135, but when I became pregnant I weighed about 140.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN