Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do you plan...

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 20 Replies

How do you plan to announce the birth of your baby? Do you send a mass text or email to friends and family  from the hospital? Or do you just wait till you settle down at home and mail out a birth announcement?

Just trying to get some suggestions.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

My mother is the town crier she will get the word out.

Tenderheart3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM

That's funny lol.  We don't live in the same state as our family and they won't be here when the baby is born.

Quoting DACIA79:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM
3 moms liked this

I live in Kansas City Missouri . The majority of my family is in Philadelphia Pa.

My mother will make sure that everyone she knows and who she doesn't know is made aware of her grandchild. My mother is the original Facebook.

That's why I don't tell her anything. With my oldest son I suffered with fibroids during my pregnancy. My mother actually told the people at her job and church. Random people would actually come up to me and ask me about my fibroids. The woman is nuts.

Quoting Tenderheart3:

That's funny lol.  We don't live in the same state as our family and they won't be here when the baby is born.

Quoting DACIA79:

Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Probably mass text to or family and close friends and then a Facebook announcement.
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM
facebook
Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I will probably message a few of my close friends and my immediate family that lives here in town.  His parents will come down though I am sure as they live 2 hours away. I have already told my friends that I would rather they waited until I got home and settled before they come to visit me.  My bf only has about a week off after the baby is born and I would much rather spend the time with him and bonding with our daughter then feeling like I need to entertain friends and family.  They all seem pretty understanding (it pays to be one of the last ones of my friends to have a baby).  After a few days of being home, I will just post it on Facebook

CafeMom Tickers
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM
A mass text and email when they're born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I've only had c-sections so everyone already knows when we are going in, and then when he's born my mom texts close family and friends. Everyone else finds out on facebook lol

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Facebook
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We do both--my husband usually lets a few people know and they spread the word.  And, then, we send out a mass email shortly thereafter with a picture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN