Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

kind of irritated with MY mom (kinda long)

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
honestly normally i'm fed up with my MIL while i'm pregnant, but this time it's my mom. We went to a birthday party for my cousins little girl. First thing, she takes my oldest son on in the house while i waddle (I'm 34 weeks with 3rd boy) up to the house. I walk in to hear her telling everyone that me and my husband are basically stupid because our bed is off the ground and we have a nightstand beside our bed. My oldest fell out of our bed and hit his cheek on the night stand and got a bruise. I didn't even know he was in there and my husband works from 6pm to 6am so my son was laying on his side of the bed. Well i let that one slide. Second time as my cousin's daughter was opening her gifts my mom was front and center gasping at everything with the "OMG how cute!" very loudly. Then as she is helping clean up she gives all the pretty pink bows and tissue paper that can be saved and reused to my aunt with the comment "well you can use this since you have the granddaughter and i don't." At this point i'm pretty pissed. I walk outside for a minute to cool off and walk back in to hear that my oldest son wanted a sister so bad he couldn't stand it! I look at her and inform her that he is 3 years old. He coudn't care less if it's a baby or a dog let alone if it's a boy or a girl! A few minutes later she left. Granted she doesn't have a granddaughter between me and my brother who also is about to have his 3 boy with his new wife, but the way she has been acting and all the comments has really been pissing me off lately. Sorry this is so long but i just needed to vent?
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Take a longer walk. Its your mom, one day you will miss her dearly. Let it go nothing to stress over nor put so much energy into.
BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Your mom sounds like mine- an asshole.
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM

your mom sounds very rude

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)