Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When do you wash the babies clothes/linens?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

How soon before your due date do you plan on washing the babies clothes and linens? 

I'm getting a little nervous because we're in the middle of a home improvement project that won't be finished for another few weeks, which is about a month before my due date. I don't really want to bring any of the baby stuff out right now because the house is dirty and dusty from it. 

I'm glad we're getting this renovation finished before the baby comes, but I'm starting to get that nesting urge, and I can't do anything with it! 

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tenderheart3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I washed the babies things about a month before.  Then as I got more things from people, I washed them the week of.  I am having a c- section tomorrow and I had to wash some things a couple of days ago. Very exciting time for me!

HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I was renoing when DD was born a month early. My BFF came over while I was in the hospital and washed a couple loads. The rest I did when I got home.
AliHudz-723
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I did about 3 weeks ago. I'm due in 5 weeks.
MamaBearEH
Your EDD is not a psychic prediction of exact timing, or an expiry. Be patient - every extra day your baby remains in the womb is a blessing for his or her health!
Yesterday at 4:42 PM
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I would do it whenever you have the urge IF you weren't renovating. There is a lot of stuff floating around in those materials I wouldn't want to risk near my newborn.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I'd do it once you are done with your renovations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveyourenemy
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:55 PM
I'm due September 20th and I started some of it. The rest is at dfs grandmas house so whenever I can get him to get it I can work on it then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveVenus
by Venus on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:08 PM
My mom and hubby will do it while I'm in the hospital. Ill wash the coming home stuff about 39 weeks
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I'll start washing around 36-37weeks then make sure its all put away and ready
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I'm due mid-December and I don't plan on washing anything until mid-November. If I take it out and do it any sooner my other kids will just get into it and play with it all so I'll just have to rewash it. I'll just wait.
lmp09
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I don't even remember with my boys. I have a feeling since I know how I am with my kids that it happened atleast twice before they were born. The clothes that I have been given for this pregnancy (first girl) seriously smelt like baby puke so they were immediately washed. I will re was everything new and used again the beggining of December since December is a crazy month for us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN