Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

blighted ovum or baby ? help

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hello everyone as you all know I'm supposed to be 9 weeks pregnant went to the doctors appointment today for a ultrasound to see everything was going great doc couldn't see a baby only the gs sac she told me that I was likely 6 weeks pregnant but that it might be an blighted ovum I got hcg test done today and on Thursday I have to go again and in a week get another ultrasound I'm so scared has anyone experienced this before?
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine had a blighted ovum...same scenario as you...went back at 12wks and there still was just a sac
ended up having a D&C because her body was continuing on with the pregnancy even though there was no baby

But I have gone in and thought I was 8wks and it turns out I was only 6 because I ovulated late AND implanted late. So its still possible that next week you could go in and see a totally healthy baby
GOOD LUCK!

Mrs.Becki
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes :( same happened to me. I went in all excited to see baby at the first appointment and only found the sac. I was tested a few time because my numbers were rising but not as much as they should, so it took a week for them to confirm blighted ovum. It was devastating news. Sorry you are going through this. Hope you were just wrong on your dates.
mommy2bfort
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I'm praying to god that he hears my prayers and for my baby to make his debut next week only he can make the impossible happen trying to not be sad and stay positive until 2 more weeks for another ultrasound
Popsicle_Feet
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM
4 moms liked this

I had a blighted ovum. In February they told me to wait a few more weeks, but I was already bleeding a lot. A week later I had a full miscarriage. It is ok though. . took some time but I found out last night I am pregnant again! 

redneck.crazy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM
Update?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bfort
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Update whent to the doctors office again and still no baby but this time they did see a yolc sac im so confused and scared I have another appointment tomorrow but now I have lost hope I am considering a D&C or I dont know if I should wait until my body passes the sac alone can any one give advice ?
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:23 PM

So either your not as far along as you thought or sadly is is a blighted ovum. At 9 weeks you should be able to see the baby. I went in at 8 weeks and 1 day and the baby and yolk sac were both clearly visable. I'm sorry!

Quoting mommy2bfort: Update whent to the doctors office again and still no baby but this time they did see a yolc sac im so confused and scared I have another appointment tomorrow but now I have lost hope I am considering a D&C or I dont know if I should wait until my body passes the sac alone can any one give advice ?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would see if you could wait another few weeks and go for a recheck just in case you're not as far along as you think.  I had a friend in a similar situation.  Her doctor suggested for her to get a D&C, but she decided to wait a few week for another ultrasound (and if she hadn't passed it, they would opt for a D&C).  Sure enough, they detected a heart beat.  I know this isn't always the case either though, as I've had friends ending up passing.  Wishing you all the best.  ((hugs))

Quoting mommy2bfort: Update whent to the doctors office again and still no baby but this time they did see a yolc sac im so confused and scared I have another appointment tomorrow but now I have lost hope I am considering a D&C or I dont know if I should wait until my body passes the sac alone can any one give advice ?

mommy2bfort
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Feeling tired and sad started bleeding 3 days ago went to the doctor yesterday and doctors confirm that I was going through a miscarriage I haven't felt a lot of pain I would say less than period cramps but I haven't passed the sac yet I'm scared that when that happens it's going to be very painful and if I dont pass the sac this weekend I'm going to have to get the d&c I don't think I want to have more baby's :(
Lgoodum
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
So sorry you had to go through this!

I've had a MC at 6 weeks and a blighted ovum. It was disheartening both times and made me very sad and almost angry. I just found out I am pregnant again-and so so scared something wrong will happen again.

I thought after the blighted ovum I couldn't -wouldn't - try anymore..and thought to give it a go. It all depends on how you feel. Don't feel pressure either way.

Quoting mommy2bfort: Feeling tired and sad started bleeding 3 days ago went to the doctor yesterday and doctors confirm that I was going through a miscarriage I haven't felt a lot of pain I would say less than period cramps but I haven't passed the sac yet I'm scared that when that happens it's going to be very painful and if I dont pass the sac this weekend I'm going to have to get the d&c I don't think I want to have more baby's :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)