Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarried, trying to get preg asap!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

so, this last wednesday, I was informed I was miscarrying. I was 12 weeks and they said the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. i started bleeding lightly last Wednesday (8/6/14) and I passed a  HUGE clot (I think it was baby) and I've been passing clots since. the bleeding has slowed down and Im still passing some clots. Im in trumendous pain but I go to my obgyn Thursday to get an u/s to see if it's all out. when can I start trying again?? I hear you're most fertile after a m/c for 1-3 months after.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gaby.c
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:56 AM
All obgyn doctors have different recommendations. I've heard you are fertile during that time but they prefer you'd wait a few months since your chance of miscarriage increases since you had one. Good luck and make sure you ask them.
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:36 AM
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be pushing it while I was still passing. Be safe about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:39 AM
I was told to have a complete cycle before trying again
Mrs.Becki
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Sorry for your loss. My doctor told me to wait 3 months after my hcg levels were at 0. If was because of the risk being higher, but I heard people have healthy babies right after. I just didn't want to risk another so we waited.
lmp09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am so sorry for your miscarriage, and I am not sure about how soon you can start trying after one. I do know to continue taking your prenatals.

Larsbug
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM
depends on your doctor, some say to wait a few months others don't care. Make sure to ask.
Mommatoobe
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I have been trying since I mc'd in March. No period not ovulating and not pregnant. I'm now on crazy pills to induce period and another for ovulation! Good luck. Hoping I get my rainbow baby soon

Quoting dessymay16:

so, this last wednesday, I was informed I was miscarrying. I was 12 weeks and they said the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. i started bleeding lightly last Wednesday (8/6/14) and I passed a  HUGE clot (I think it was baby) and I've been passing clots since. the bleeding has slowed down and Im still passing some clots. Im in trumendous pain but I go to my obgyn Thursday to get an u/s to see if it's all out. when can I start trying again?? I hear you're most fertile after a m/c for 1-3 months after.

booaura
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Talk to your doctor. Yes, you are very fertileright after, but that dodoesn't mean your body is ready to be pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  This is a good question for your care provider.  

Emily197
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Im sorry for your loss a miscariage is a hard thing to go through. you should discuss it with your Dr. to make sure your body is ready to carry another baby you need to recover from the previous pregnancy. I got pregnant about 2 months after a miscarriage and it was a hard pregnancy I wasnt ready to carry another baby so soon, I did carry to full term with alot of help from my dr. Now my boy  is a healthy 5 year old. he was sick when he was first born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)