Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know whats going on

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have two kids. ages 4, and 6. With my oldest, I swear I started puking the second sperm met egg and didn't stop until I was hospitalized at 25 weeks. :-\ I actually HAD a light "period" and didn't find out about him until I was 9 weeks along.

My daughter I wasn't sick at all. And then BOOM i had the thought "Huh... i hsould have started..."

With both kids, the second I peed on a stick, I had a +

Fast forward to now.... Here's the deal. I got remarried on the 26th of July. We didn't have sex 60 days prior (like. NONE. I was a stressed wreck. lol) The first day of my last period was the 12th of July.  I should have ovulated on the 25... Now kicking off the honeymoon, we of course broke the 60 day streak... a lot... and once my cervix had thickened and we moved away from ovulation day we probably weren't as careful as we should have been. I thought we were in the safe zone.

Here I am... two weeks later... my period should have started on the 8th. Nothing. Not a drop. Not a HINT. I have taken two tests, both negative. I don't have health insurance right now (I dont' qualify at my new job for another couple of months) so I can't just swing into the dr. I feel.... heavy. If that makes sense. like gas pain crampy at times, but mostly just... heavy. I don't know another way to describe it. Almost like you have to go to the bathroom but can't kinda feeling?

Do I wait another week and test again? Think it was just a freak coincidence? Or .....? Any advice?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Hm. I would wait a couple more days and test again. Make sure to use a good pink dye test like FRER. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Thanks
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I would try again testing like suggested.  Also, if you still aren't sure what's going on, I'd just pay out of pocket to see a dr.  They sometimes will give discounts if they don't have to run it through insurance.

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM

stock up on the cheap dollar stores tests (they work great for me) test every few days until AF shows or you get a positive... until then...act pregnant, meaning dont drink, no smoking, take a vitamin and eat healthy.... Most DRs wont see you until your 8-10 weeks anyways...

Heather2001
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Give it a little more time and retest. Your body might be out of whack from all the stress.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I agree

Quoting Dragonmamas: Hm. I would wait a couple more days and test again. Make sure to use a good pink dye test like FRER. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)