Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy test help

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi everyone. I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. My period is due in 5 days. Took an early response and it was negative. I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant and my husband and I both feel that I am from everything going on with me. My question for you all is has anyone tested early and had a negative result and then got a positive a few days later? How long did you wait to test? I know ultimately we will see when I either get my period or I don't but it's driving me crazy not knowing! Lol
I'm nauseous, having terrible food aversions, not eating a lot, overly emotional, crampy, back pain, and very sensitive to smells. Anyone had an experience like this and end up not pregnant?
Thanks!
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Larsbug
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM
What kind of test did you take? wait until you miss your period and test again. Pink dye only, no digitals as they aren't as sensitive. honestly with my 2nd baby, a dollar store test picked up my pregnancy before any others
Mommakay26
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I got my BFP the before my period was due with a dollar store test
mommabri32
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM
I used first response. I know it's early I just thought it might show up cuz of all my symptoms. I just can't think of any other reason that I'd be feeling the way I do.
bondgirl11
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Didn't get my bfp until I was 3 days late
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I've tested too early before.  I usually have to wait the day before or after my period is missed to get a positive.  Good luck!

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I remember reading the success rates that came in the FRER package...it was something like 30% of women who actually are pregnant will get a positive 5 days before their missed period. So it is very possible. That being said I've convinced myself that I 100% must be pregnant before because I had a ton of symptoms (like you) and then I wasn't. It's easy to search for the symptoms when you want it so badly! Good luck and I hope you get your BFP in a few days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)