Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone out there with sub chorionic hemorrahage???

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am looking for some POSITIVE feedback.  I am pregnant with baby #3, 36 yrs old, and miscarried last year.  This pregnancy was a TOTAL surprise.  I even had a "period" during month 1, so I didn't find out until 12 weeks that I was expecting.  I had symptoms, but when AF came i blew it off.  (total God thing, I think he knew i would have worried myself sick during that first trimester).  Anyway, I had a bleeding episode after intercourse 2 weeks ago.  I was diagnosed with partial previa and 3 SCH.  I was 14 weeks at the time and put on bedrest for a week.  Since then I have episodes of "old" blood coming out.  At the doctor yesterday they did another ultrasound and said my 3 SCH, are now 1 big one.  They showed me the "tear" and the blood around baby.  Baby is great and looks perfectly healthy with a srong heartbeat.  Doctor says there is nothing they can do to help healing.  He said it isn't uncommon and i shouldn't worry because it isn't affecting baby so far.  Unfortunately his words are not comforting.  No pregnant woman want to have any blood, new or old, when she goes to the bathroom.  I can start to feel baby move, and I bought a doppler so I could check heartrate when I want.  Has anyone else had similar issue?  Please tell me everything is fine and I just have to be careful!  I am terrified daily to sneeze, cough, or go to the bathroom. 

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one at 5wks. Thought i was miscarrying. I did some googling and they are actually very common, maybe not the degree of yours though. They usually go away on their own by 20wks and what i read was they do not increase the risk of miscarriage at all. So just try to relax and take it one day at a time. Positive thoughts
army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM
When I was pregnant with my 2 year old I had one and bled from 11 weeks until 17 weeks! It went away on it's own and he was born perfectly healthy. I'm now 16 weeks 1 day and have one with this pregnancy too. I woke up August 1st and went to the bathroom and there was a TON of blood in the toilet... I went to the ER because the amount of blood scared me. Baby girl is fine but they found a subchronic hemorrhage and my placenta is low lying. I've been bleeding or spotting for 13 days now! I go back to my doctor this afternoon for my 16 week check up and another ultrasound to check the hemorrhage. It's hard not to worry when you're pregnant and see blood but I think they're pretty common.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM

A friend of mine had one, and the baby was just fine.  Hope all is well for you!

janag852
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much for all the GREAT comments.  This will help me sleep at night.  Dr. called this morning to check on me and also told me I now have a UTI.  I used to brag about how "i was a great pregnant person"...not so much anymore.  I know it is all worth it in the end, just a long journey this time.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I told dh this is our last baby for sure lol. This pregnancy I have stressed and worried the whole time on top of already being high risk. It will definitely be worth it but it's so hard not to worry!

Quoting janag852:

Thanks so much for all the GREAT comments.  This will help me sleep at night.  Dr. called this morning to check on me and also told me I now have a UTI.  I used to brag about how "i was a great pregnant person"...not so much anymore.  I know it is all worth it in the end, just a long journey this time.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM
When are you due? I was thinking you may be due in January like me! Forgive me if you're already in the group but we have a January 2015 Due Date Group!
ajdahd13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I had one from about 6 weeks to about 10 weeks. I'm now 20 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby. It's definitely scary, but try your best not to worry too much.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I have a third trimester SCH and an anterior placenta, the blood pooled under the placenta and never came out, so no experience with that. I was ordered weekly NSTs and was on bed rest for two weeks, sonogram showed it wasn't any bigger and there were no new bleeds, so I had a week of "take it easy", sonogram again showed it wasn't any bigger and no new bleeds, so I've gotten the green light to relax, no more sonograms or NSTs for me. I'm 36 weeks now.

janag852
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am due in January.  I just joined the Jan group.

Quoting army_wifey_06: When are you due? I was thinking you may be due in January like me! Forgive me if you're already in the group but we have a January 2015 Due Date Group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN