Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing up, need remedies

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

A topic no one enjoys...

sad to say I don't mind throwing up, if it's the body's natural reaction to rejecting something that isn't working ok BUT now that I'm expecting, from 6wks until now (17wks), it has been rediculous. Figuring out what my body wants isn't easy and I'm adjusting however I'll take all the advice I can getstick out tongue mini I reached my limit because recently I smelled something that's always smelled awful to me, but I couldn't make it two steps before I was violently letting it out and it left me feeling like I "broke my throat" as well as bursting blood vessels in my face and the acid burnt my throat. I've tried salt water gargles, warm compresses, swallowing cold water or warm water, lemon juice or milk. Over time I've found nothing for the aftermath...help? Advice?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you've done everything that I usually try.  Although sometimes after throwing up, if I can, I hop in a warm shower.

Heather2001
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Try Sea Bands
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:33 AM
No fun :(

Maybe your dr can prescribe Zofran?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emily197
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Morning sickness is the worst. With my second baby I had it until 8 months smells motion food everything made me sick I found that keeping crackers on hand helpped also peppermint hard carndies the peppermint sooths an upset stomach. You could also keep sprite or seven up available. There are prescriptions the dr can try but personally they didn't work for me maybe they would for you
tlynn28
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Anything ginger worked for me. Gingerale, ginger cookies and even taking a ginger pill in the morning. My main issue right now is just throwing up water in the morning. I think I'm retaining water too much lol
evilangel198431
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Ginger snaps and ginger ale worked best for me
lillucky8
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM

i lived on canada dry ginger ale (no other kind tasted okay), rold gold tiny twist pretzels, and the red and white striped mints for weeks when i wasn't feeling well, have you talked to your doc about it? is there anything they can give to help?

eemakeena
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Thanks everyone...trident gum, peppermint lotion, high protein diet, and sleep has helped a lot since my initial post...THANK YOU

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)