Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much can i lift? 4 weeks

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
I work in a hospital where I am constantly lifting boxes and moving them to the different depts. A lot of them are really heavy so I use a dolly but I do have to lift them to.get them on and off of it. I can't go to the Dr till next month. Does anyone know how much weight I can lift at 4 weeks? I had a miscarriage before I had my son and I'm just super scared to have another.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carriec1982
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Lifting something won't cause you to miscarry. If this is a job you have been doing for a while you should be fine. Just move a little slower if you must. With any pregnancies (I lost 2 in the past year and I am almost 19 weeks now) once you get into the second trimester you are mostly safe. Anything that happens before that your body expels for a reason... good luck.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I say if you're used to it, it should be fine.  Just make sure you lift with your knees (if that makes any sense, bend your knees to pick up a box and put the weight there).

LoveVenus
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Lift with your knees.Dont over do it tho.

darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Unless your doctor tells you specifically not to lift, there are no weight limits.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I agree with the other two - it's like working out - if you were already running or lifting weights you can keep doing it just take it slower if needed - as long as you aren't bleeding I'd say keep doing what you've previously been doing at an adjusted pace if needed
mommylife08
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:09 PM
My dr put me on a 25lb weight restriction
Larsbug
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I have a 30 lb weight restriction...not all doctors give them though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)