Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to see the dietitian today.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, because I was borderline for diabetes before I got pregnant, my doctors are really watching my sugar levels. Instead of going to the doctor every four weeks like I did with my first pregnancies, I have to go every two weeks, and I have to keep track of my blood sugar and record the results for every doctor's appointment. So, I have to check it at least twice everyday. Today, I had my appointment with the dietitian. I gave her a breakdown of what I eat everyday, and she said that I was eatng pretty healthy. She had a few changes that she recommended. I also usually don't eat breakfast, but she said I needed to start eating breakfast because it would help keep my blood sugar stable. So far for this pregnancy, I have lost 6lbs and gained 1 back. I am 12 weeks today. With my two previous pregnancies, I never lost weight. I am happy that all the changes I have been making to my diet are working. I want to be healthly during this pregnancy, and I want to make sure that I do everything I can to ensure that the baby is healthy. With that being said, today, my blood sugar levels have not been that good, they have been running a little high all day. Normally the numbers run just where the doctor said they should be, but not today. So, now I'm feeling guilty. I guess I just needed to get that out. if you made it to the end, thanks.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Emily197
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Are the numbers running high because you were trying some of the suggestions given to you? Sounds like they have you on a good plan to monitor everything.
I lost almost 25 pounds with my second baby I was so sick had morning sickness like crazy I couldn't keep anything down. This pregnancy I lost 10 but have gained it back and now I'm at 2 pounds over pre pregnancy weight.

Keep up the good work checking your levels I hope it all works out good for you.
Mrs.Jones2314
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Emily197: Are the numbers running high because you were trying some of the suggestions given to you? Sounds like they have you on a good plan to monitor everything. I lost almost 25 pounds with my second baby I was so sick had morning sickness like crazy I couldn't keep anything down. This pregnancy I lost 10 but have gained it back and now I'm at 2 pounds over pre pregnancy weight. Keep up the good work checking your levels I hope it all works out good for you.

They are a little high today because I was craving egg salad sandwiches on white bread, and I gave in. I also had soda today. I am trying to cut my soda down to about two per week. (Soda is my weakness.)

MixedCooke
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM

drop your carbs and your numbers will be fine.  Focus on protein and low glycemic veggies.  Im 38 weeks pregnant and weigh less than when I first found out I was pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)