Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pre-Eclampsia?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM
  • 3 Replies
So, at 35 weeks I had a doctors appointment and my OB was concerned because I gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks and had high blood pressure. This is very unlike me. I normally was gaining 2-3lb in 3 weeks and normally have a low blood pressure. After I left that appointment up until now I've been feeling very off. Headaches, nausea, dizziness, blurry vision, confusion, extreme fatigue, cramps, and more swelling to where it hurts. I also had my cervix checked and I was thinning, next day started losing mucus plug. I went to a doctors appointment on 8/12 (37weeks 3days) and my blood pressure was higher, more swollen, gained 7 lb in 2 weeks, and dilated 1cm. OB is concerned so I had to give blood and today till tomorrow have to do a 24 hour urine test and turn it in tomorrow. Doctor wants to see me on Friday 8/15. I've been having more cramping and back pain. I'm starting to get worried.
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like pre e. I was just diagnosed at 23 weeks. At 37 weeks, you're almost full term. Babies come all the time at this stage and are totally fine. The biggest worry with pre e is having to deliver early, since that is the only cure. It sounds like that could be a possibility for you, but again, baby will be almost 38 weeks, that's term. Try not to worry, that'll only raise your pressure more. Good luck and hugs!
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:58 AM
I had pre e with my first two. It was a sudden onset (gained over 10lbs in two weeks and blood pressure was high enough for a stroke) and I was induced same day. I was induced at 35 and 36weeks both babies were healthy no NICU and came home when I did two days later.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Yep pre-e!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)