Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mucus plug and labor?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

I'm a FTM and I'm due in 6 days, & today my boyfriend checked my cervix like he does every few days (we got the O.K and he was taught how to by my doctor) today when he did that a thick mucus like substance came out, which I'm assuming is my plug.. and was stuck to his finger, he went and washed and sanitize like he does every time and checked again and more came out. I'm 1 & a half cm dilated last time I went to my doctor, and have been having horrible back pain the past 3 days which is very new in my pregnancy,

How long before labor?
I wanna hear other peoples stories and hear there experiences :)
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Losing your mucus plug isn't necessarily an indication of labor, it can regenerate itself.
Garnetmommyof2
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:34 AM
I lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks with dd2. I had what I thought were gas pains for 4.5 days. Then I was SURE they weren't gas pains as they got horribly worse and frequent. I went to the hospital and literally 15 minutes later, had her! Good luck!
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Their experiences, not there*

The mucus plug regenerates. It can be weeks after it's initially lost before labor starts. Especially as a ftm, chances labor is still a ways off. Or, it could happen tonight. There really is no way to know.
Nicoletimperley
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Do you know the signs of early labor?
MomOfMisters
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:44 AM
With my first, I lost my mucus plug and went into labor the next day. With my second, I lost bits and pieces for weeks.
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Yes the plug can regenerate but with all three of my kids I lost my mucus plug and had bloody show the day/night before going into labor all three times (@ 39 & 40 weeks).
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

It can regenerate. I never saw it even during labor with my first two. My third for 5 weeks I had big, small pieces and some with blood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN