Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being a mommy from bed

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Day 2 and counting. I actually didn't realize how much I did before it wasn't an option anymore. I'd be lying if I said I took the news well. I had a pitty party and felt sorry for myself. Then, as my mom says, I put my big girl panties on and have started adjusting to my new "normal".

Our once mini wine fridge now sits in our bedroom with drinks for me to enjoy during the day. I have what feels like an arsenal of DVD's to watch and who knows how many options on Netflix. Sometime in the next week or so I'll be getting some new books from the library.

As for the kids...well that is still a work in progress. Jordan will be starting kindergarten soon and Anna preschool. Devin, Dominick, and Savannah are going to be at home. Thanks to technology we will have cameras (some ours and others that we've borrowed) set up throughout the house so I can still be part of activities such as putting the kids to bed.

Right now I'm writing out lists. Meal plans, groceries, laundry schedule, upcoming kid's activities, etc. To be fair I have a lot of this on our calendar in the kitchen. I think it's a way to keep my mind busy and maintain some control over something I have no control over lol. I'm sure I'll look back at all of it someday and think I was crazy.

Anyway that's the update for now. I'm sure there will be more...probably today :-)

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lillucky8
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you're doing great so far! keeping focused and busy! keep it up hun! you can do this!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leeannfarley
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:43 PM

on bed rest?

alexisfaith
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Yep and not for sure how long either.

Quoting leeannfarley:

on bed rest?

Jsanchez125
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM
How many weeks are you? I was on bed rest for a month until i delivered with my 2nd baby.
I luckily had my mom she did everything for me. Hopefully you can stay busy and wont go crazy like i did.
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM

That has to be hard.  Hugs, momma!

16May
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:42 AM
Hugs and kisses! I work in the maternity ward and have antipartums here for 8 weeks on bed rest before they deliver!
alexisfaith
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I'm 23 weeks today :-)

Quoting Jsanchez125: How many weeks are you? I was on bed rest for a month until i delivered with my 2nd baby. I luckily had my mom she did everything for me. Hopefully you can stay busy and wont go crazy like i did.

AmandaWiggins
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I hear ya! I'm in my 4th week of bedrest. :( It gets pretty emotional so hang in there!

Quoting alexisfaith:

Yep and not for sure how long either.

Quoting leeannfarley:

on bed rest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)