Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need some advice, please help!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hello everyone I was pregnant with my first child in june and found out I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. After my miscarriage, my obgyn told me if I wanted to try for another then to discontinue my BC and start taking prenatal vitamins with foltic acid. Iv been on them for a month or so now,however I was due for my period of August 9th, and now I am 5 days late with 3 negitive results. What should I do?
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it more time.  Your cycles can be wonky after a miscarriage.  If your period hasn't shown up in another week, retest.  =)

lmp09
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM

And if you are stressed from the last misscarriage it could cause your period to be late.

redneckbabe718
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:01 PM
. I had a period of course rite after my miscarriage, and then I also had a regular 28 day like I always did in july but now im 5 days late like i said. Im getting alittle worried and hoping that im not going to have another. My fiance and I were really upset.
redneckbabe718
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I have pregnancy symptoms including, really sore and tender breasts, frequent urination, sometimes get the nausea but its rare, and I get that cramp down in my rite side of my stomach for like a minute or two, and of course the late period.
Mamatobe15
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I miscarried at 9 weeks at the end of April and I got pregnant less than 2 months after that. Wait another week or so and retest again. 

booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Give it more time. A miscarriage and being off birth control messes with your hormones and can screw your cycle up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devilbabie
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Did you use a digital? Sometimes if your levels are lower they won't detect them yet, if you did use a digital, try a dollar store one... They are a tad more sensitive.

Quoting redneckbabe718: I have pregnancy symptoms including, really sore and tender breasts, frequent urination, sometimes get the nausea but its rare, and I get that cramp down in my rite side of my stomach for like a minute or two, and of course the late period.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Give it few more days and try again, if nothing try a blood test.

redneckbabe718
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I did try the dollar storr one and i tryed one from walmart, but have not tryed a digital one yet.
Quoting devilbabie: Did you use a digital? Sometimes if your levels are lower they won't detect them yet, if you did use a digital, try a dollar store one... They are a tad more sensitive.

Quoting redneckbabe718: I have pregnancy symptoms including, really sore and tender breasts, frequent urination, sometimes get the nausea but its rare, and I get that cramp down in my rite side of my stomach for like a minute or two, and of course the late period.
Jsanchez125
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should wait two more weeks and retest. Hopefully you are pregnant and will be able to hold this baby full term. Good luck.
Also i would try a blood test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)