Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Natural ways too induce labour?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
So I'm very close to my due date (39 weeks and 6 days) and it's getting really exciting, I'm a first time mommy! But my only problem is, I haven't really had any symptoms of labor coming close other than loosing my plug.. I really want her to come on her own, and I don't want to be induced.. & my o.b plans on inducing at 40weeks and 6 days.. So I was wondering what everyone did to bring on labor naturally? :) I'm 1 & a half cm dilated, mucus plug just came out yesterday. Just wanna hear stories on how you brought on your labor
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Why does she plan on inducing? You aren't overdue until you hit 42 weeks. And, she can't induce you without your consent. You can't bring labor on until it's ready, without drugs at least. You can walk, bounce on a ball, nipple stimulation, and have sex, but really, she won't come until she is ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amichelle28
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:20 AM
I was induced at 41 weeks and was thrilled about it. I agree with above post though, I was actually looking this up tonight and nothing is really a sure bet but long walks and sex were the main two things to come up.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Nothing works unless the baby is ready and my babies were stubborn. Lol! 41 weeks 6 days, 41 weeks 1 day, and then a surprise at 38 weeks 2 days without any help from me. :-) You can try walking a lot and sex. I have never had any signs of labor until I went into labor. It can be discouraging but know that it doesn't mean it won't happen. :-) Out of curiosity why does your ob want to induce at that date?

Nicoletimperley
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:25 AM
i was suppose to be induced at 41 exactly but asked for 1 day prior only for the fact that my dad leaves the 27th for months for work.. So I asked for the 26th, it's his first grandchild so I want him to see her.
Nicoletimperley
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:28 AM
bump...
BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I don't think any of that stuff really works. Im 3cm, 39 weeks and absolutely gired of waiting, lol. I'm thinking he's going to stay in until I grt induced, seriously.
228mommy922
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:37 AM
I tried it all with my first. Nothing happened at all. I was induced at 40 weeks without being dilated or anything.
kristaok
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I had to have a c section after 41 weeks, they induced me and her heart rate started to drop... I was rushed with just an epidural to have my c section, and she was thankfully born okay. She would have died because the cord was wrapped around her neck twice.

I would wait if I were you... I don't know if it's my fault or not but I tried that castor oil 3 times and my daughter was born with meconium in her lungs as well. Not to mention the whole castor oil thing did not work for me, they had to use cytotec and when that didn't work they had to use pitcoin.
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM

She will come when she is ready. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

alexisfaith
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM

My 4th was a week overdue and I was getting uncomfortable. Intercourse got things going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN