Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

we used the cheap kind

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 21 Replies
When my daughter was a baby till she was able to switch over to milk. I used similac the cheap kind cause thats what wic gave me and thats the only brand they used. My brother in law asked us what we are doing when joseph gets here my husband just told him that i was going to breastfeed him thats if he lantched on. If not we will use the similac that we have saved and still good. My brother in law said that he is sending us the good kind of formula.

All i have to say is wow. It doesnt matter which kind is better as long as they are getting food. Lol.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM

what does he consider the "good kind?" My kids actually did better with Target Up and Up soy formula...similac in a pinch but they tolerated the target store brand the best...

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:34 AM
My kids tolerated Sam's Club/Walmart better than Similac.

And what kind is the Similac cheap kind?

And how long have you saved the formula? It does gave an expiration date....

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I would try breastfeeding first - it's much cheaper than formula!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Itw as how my brother in law had said it. He uses the already made up emfamil.

Quoting smorgan865: My kids tolerated Sam's Club/Walmart better than Similac.

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Thats what i am doing trying breast feeding first if it doesnt work then i am using formula.

My nieces mom had been trying but S wasnt lantching on or something.

Quoting kmqw229: I would try breastfeeding first - it's much cheaper than formula!
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Oh I see.

I got enfamil as a free sample and my kids both spit up very badly from it.

The premixed stuff is SSOOOOOO expensive, it does not remotely mean it's better or higher quality.

All formulas have to pass the same requirements. Store brands actually performed better on some of those quality checks than the big brands.

Quoting oliveoil423: Itw as how my brother in law had said it. He uses the already made up emfamil.

Quoting smorgan865: My kids tolerated Sam's Club/Walmart better than Similac.

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM
With our first child, we found that a lot of the generic brands were too bubbly and frothy and took forever to settle, specifically Parents Choice. Fortunately, my other two latched well and were breast fed for over a year.
EninJenniLouis
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Honestly, I prefer the Walmart brand over actual Similac. It's much cheaper and when we would run out of WIC purchased similac we bought the store brand. If I have to formula feed again, I'll be doing the same thing.
lillucky8
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM
My kids did better on target brand vs enfamil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I have a huge stock pile of similac that was never been open good till next year. Not throwing it way if its still good.

Quoting EninJenniLouis: Honestly, I prefer the Walmart brand over actual Similac. It's much cheaper and when we would run out of WIC purchased similac we bought the store brand. If I have to formula feed again, I'll be doing the same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)