Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Working Out While Prego???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this
Does anyone do it? And if so, how the heck do you manage?! I loved working out, and right before I got pregnant I finally got into yoga. I tried to maintain yoga, but every morning I'm so dizzy and nautious that even thinking about holding myself up in crazy poses with my arms and having my head dangling makes me want to hurl. Plus, super tired!!! How do you find the energy?!
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xsouthernbellx
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Also, I get that there is meditation yoga and gentler yoga poses for pregnancy. But I would feel like I'm hardly working out, and instead just sitting and breathing. Which I do just fine on my own, lol.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Your blood sugar is probably too low from not eating all night. Get yourself breakfast, let it settle, then try. I did yoga through my entire pregnancy! Need to get back into it...
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Switch to fitness walking. Brisk walking reduces morning sickness, eliminates dizziness, brightens mood, and boosts energy levels.

BeFit-Mom

xsouthernbellx
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Thanks for the input! Did you find that yoga helped? I feel incredibly out of shape and lardo-like, and I'm only 7 weeks 1 day. I'm usually in decent shape year round, and exercise is my stress-reliever and so you can probably imagine how stressed I'v become from NOT working out.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Your blood sugar is probably too low from not eating all night. Get yourself breakfast, let it settle, then try. I did yoga through my entire pregnancy! Need to get back into it...

xsouthernbellx
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I appreciate your advice! However, that option won't be available to me in a couple months; I live in the north, and winter is coming. I have a low tolerance for cold weather, and I hate being outside in it longer than I have to. :-(

Quoting BeFit-Mom:

Switch to fitness walking. Brisk walking reduces morning sickness, eliminates dizziness, brightens mood, and boosts energy levels.

BeFit-Mom

tinkerxbell
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I was too sick in my first trimester, and started again slowly once I started feeling better.

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Yes I really think it did. It helped me relax and keep limber. At the same time it was a good work out for my muscles. The breathing techniques are key for calming in labour too I think!

Quoting xsouthernbellx:

Thanks for the input! Did you find that yoga helped? I feel incredibly out of shape and lardo-like, and I'm only 7 weeks 1 day. I'm usually in decent shape year round, and exercise is my stress-reliever and so you can probably imagine how stressed I'v become from NOT working out.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Your blood sugar is probably too low from not eating all night. Get yourself breakfast, let it settle, then try. I did yoga through my entire pregnancy! Need to get back into it...

melindabelcher
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I did zumba through almost all of pregnancy #2 and half of pregnancy #3. 

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:10 AM

well I dont do yoga but I lift weights and do cardio.  On Mondays and Thursdays I did 15 minutes of upper body, 15 minutes of CORE and 30 minutes of cardio.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I did 15 minutes of lower body, 15 minutes of CORE and 30 minutes of cardio.  On Wednesdays I did cardio only and on Sundays, I swam for an hour.  I also did a 2 mile walk 3 days per week until about 35 weeks.  I stopped lifting weights at 36 weeks and just focussed on doing cardio 5 days a week and swimming for an hour on Sunday.  I will be 39 weeks on Tuesday and still do the cardio 5x per week and swimming on Sundays.  i think exercising is what has kept me energetic throughout this pregnancy.

HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I was doing crossfit before I got pregnant. I don't have a regular workout routine anymore. But my bedroom is up a flight of stairs I have to take a dozen times a day. So I've got that. And I walk to prenatal apointments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)