Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When do you install the car seat?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 142 Replies

How early do/will you install the car seat?

I remember being so excited for my first one, that I installed it over a month early. With my second, I wanted my first to get used to another car seat in the car, so I installed it a few weeks early. With my third, I waited and installed the base about a week early and didn't actually put the car seat in until the night before I was to be induced. 

family car

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I think we installed it at 36 weeks.  This one we will probably just put the base in the trunk of the car and install it at some point while I'm in the hospital...

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM
About 36 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

The first i deep cleaned the car and installed the car seat at 37 weeks had him a few days later.

Number two i installed it around 38weeks she was born a week later. 

Number 3 was a tight three across so i installed hers around 34 weeks so i wouldn't have to do it as I got bigger. So was born at 38 weeks. 

This one i have no idea. I probably won't install until after baby is born since i don't plan on going anywhere right away. This again i may do it at 38ish weeks just so i don't have to play move around 4 car seats while having that great postpartum bleeding. 

mcmlxxxv
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I was a day overdue, antsy, and bored, and I thought "Well, I should probably install the car seat." I did, and I went into labor that night. Lol
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I probably won't install it until around my due date or before we head home from the hospital.
Oxana23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Probably a few days before going to the hospital.. We always had other people driving with us so we needed to have the extra room in the back with us... But we also had the base and carseat ready and waiting for us by the door in the house or would put it into the trunk hehe just in case..

beauty1990
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I'll prob install it early so I can see if the set up I want will work with my step daugter's booster seat and car line pick up, and my sons carseat as well. Even though I'll prob put it in a month and a half early we wil only have about 2 times to see if it works with my step daughter. Plus I don't want to be a whale trying to rearrange 3 carseats lol and my husband doesn't put them in properly to wait til we leave the hospial

CafeMom Tickers
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I'll be installing the carrier base and reinstalling the big kids seats this weekend. My c-section is in 8 days
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I'm 37 weeks, and I'm probably going to throw the cover in the laundry this week. My DD needs a smaller booster and my DS may need a smaller high-back booster to accommodate another seat in my back seat, so I'll probably install it on Tuesday, after I go shopping. I need to measure the seat and the backseat and see what the dimensions are to fit another seat. So, long story short, probably next week.

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Probably not till it gets closer to baby time. I do like your idea of doing it a little early so the older kid gets use to it. Maybe we will try that with my ds and put a doll in the seat so he understand that is for the baby.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN