Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hospital bag ? What all do I pack ?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

I have a small list made but I need you ladies help making sure I'm not forgetting anything . 

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The most important thing for me was camera and camera batteries/chargers.  I brought outfits for myself to wear, makeup, hair brush, chapstick, and outfits for baby...I kept it pretty simple since I'm not a fan of packing.

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Camera and camera charger, phone charger, comfortable clothes, pads (I don't like the hospital ones), makeup, hairbrush, underwear (I hate those mesh ones), boppy, magazines...I know I'm forgetting stuff but that's all I can think of right now haha.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Cmera, camera charger. Outfit for baby, outfit for yourself, comfy pajamas or clothes for after delivery, toothbrush/toothpaste, any other toiletries you might want (i.e., I like to bring my own body wash and shampoo). I also like to bring the baby book so I can fill in birth details while it is still fresh in my mind. I also bring things to do in case I have to stay which I always have for after birth reasons. So it was nice having the laptop (left in the car until after we were settled), books to read, a puzzle book... those were all in the car until after delivery. Actually so was the diaper bag and all that since I don't labor at the hospital. If you do then you could always include things to help with labor. Soft music, books, my SIL played Scrabble while she labored. :-)

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I wear clean clothes to the hospital and wear the same ones home. My phone/tablet and charger and snacks. I bring outfits for baby, boppy and blanket. I take one big bag that's mostly empty for all the stuff they send home with you.
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Snacks!
butterflymama21
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Baby mittens!! Clippers, emery board so the baby doesn't scratch their precious face.
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends diapers. They are way better than those nasty hospital pads....and I tend to bleed a LOT. Several pairs of jammies. Socks. Flip flops for the shower so you don't have to put your feet in it.
prdmama82
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

A comfy outfit to wear home. Phone, camera, chargers, things to do like magazines or crossword puzzles. A diaper bag for baby mainly with an outfit and blanket to go home in (hospital supplies you with enough diapers and formula - if not breastfed). A carseat for the baby to go home in, most hospitals won't let you leave until they see you have a carseat. Snacks and stuff for hubby/bf to eat and do. Toiletries, brush, hairtie, chapstick.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Charger
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I agree wit everyone else, I would add your own pillow & blanket. Hospital beds are not comfortable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)