Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

question Ice Challenge while pregnant..

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

So over the weekend while we are camping some of the people are planning on doing the Ice bucket challange which I would like to take part in for a good cause my husband thinks it might be to much of a shock to my system being 32 weeks pregnant. what do you think? either way we will be donating for the whole family. 

My Mother n Law died from ALS at the age of 46 at the time she had 2 grandkids my daughter and my neice who were to young to remember her when she died. we have told our kids about her and talk about her alot I think it is a good way to show the kids that we havent forgotten her and we still support the cause to finding a cure to a disease we knew nothing about until she was diagnosed with it and we still dont know much about it, but I also agree with my husband that we dont want to me to do it if it could cause issues with the pregnancy. either way it will be a fun weekend and will raise money for a cause that is close to us.

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been challenged a few times this week and am not doing it because of the pregnancy. I'd rather just donate the money. My uncle/godfather also passed away from ALS over 10 years ago so it's a cause close to my heart and a horrible disease. Hugs to you for whatever you choose!
_ethansmommy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Dumping ice over your head isn't going to do squat to the baby, baby has it's own temperature gage so no need to worry about it. Ask your doctor :-)
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM
This. Just be careful not to fall or get beamed in the head with the bucket. I've seen some serious injuries lol

Quoting _ethansmommy: Dumping ice over your head isn't going to do squat to the baby, baby has it's own temperature gage so no need to worry about it. Ask your doctor :-)
_ethansmommy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Ha!! That cracked me up... Yes, do watch out for the morons that can't hang onto a bucket and it would be good to take extra safety measures since your balance may not be at it's best.

Quoting nocalmegan: This. Just be careful not to fall or get beamed in the head with the bucket. I've seen some serious injuries lol

Quoting _ethansmommy: Dumping ice over your head isn't going to do squat to the baby, baby has it's own temperature gage so no need to worry about it. Ask your doctor :-)
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I drink ice water, put ice packs on the back of my neck and take the occasional cold shower and I am 39 weeks pregnant and have done this throughout my pregnancy.  You and the baby will be fine!

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:00 AM

The ice water isn't going to change your core body temperature enough to do anything to baby. That being said, lay a pack of frozen peas on your stomach, baby responds to it, because they can feel it through the skin. I'm personally not doing it, because I feel like I'd be dumping ice water on him as well as myself, and it's not fair to him.

Emily197
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies if I do decided to do it we will be safe it won't be anything crazy. I actually think it might feel good it's still hot here. If I do it I'll post the video.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:31 PM

A good friend of mine just did the challenge she is due in the next couple of weeks! 

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I have a few pregnant freinds that have donated AND done the ice bucket... I personally wouldn't but to each their own. I think baby would be fine but it is a shock to the system so maybe call your doctor real quick to ask. DH's grandma died from ALS so thanks for the support in the research.  :-)

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My family and I have done the ice and we've donated as well this week. I'm 10 weeks pregnant, but I was fine. You should be too, but if you're worried, call your OB and ask. Have fun this weekend! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN