Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If I could just throw up....

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
I think I would feel so much better. :/
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Ugh, I know that feeling!  Hope you feel better!

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Exactly how I feel. I've only thrown up twice, both times while smelling a rice and bean dish we've had for dinner. *Well, my family has had for dinner* Chicken Fiesta with chicken, rice, 3 cans of different beans, diced tomatoes and corn. Also red beans and rice. I'm extremely nauseous every day though.
Rosieposie1015
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I am starting to feel a little better. It seems to slack off a little in the evening which I am thrilled about because with my first there was no relief ever. It is still early though so it may get worse.
Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I had the same problem. Sometimes I threw up on the spot after smelling something. And then most of the day i would feel nauseous and discomfort all day. But i couldn't throw up. I hated it. I'm just glad im over that stage. Sucking on a lemon or putting lemon juice in water helped.
ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM

OMG I know....

I am 6.5 weeks pregnant now...and the nausea for me started minimally about a week ago or so...and it has gotten progressively HORRID......to the point I couldnt even eat or drink sometimes..but nope no throwing up..however I started gagging today. <oh no> lol.

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Jsanchez125: I had the same problem. Sometimes I threw up on the spot after smelling something. And then most of the day i would feel nauseous and discomfort all day. But i couldn't throw up. I hated it. I'm just glad im over that stage. Sucking on a lemon or putting lemon juice in water helped.

good to know about the lemon.

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Right!  I'm sitting up on the couch waiting for the tums to start working on this damn heartburn...if I lay down, I feel like I'm going to start choking on vomit :-(  I'm so incredibly tired but can't sleep...this heartburn crap is killing me

Rosieposie1015
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I will not be taking any tums with this pregnancy. I ate them like crazy with my last & ended up with kidney stones. The doc didn't say that's what caused it but all I drank was water & I don't like milk... So I don't want to risk it. Hope you feel better

Quoting rachellaree20:

Right!  I'm sitting up on the couch waiting for the tums to start working on this damn heartburn...if I lay down, I feel like I'm going to start choking on vomit :-(  I'm so incredibly tired but can't sleep...this heartburn crap is killing me

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Thanks :-) I'm on zantac twice a day but it doesn't help enough.  I try to aviod tums until it's absolutely unbearable since I can't stand the texture of them *shudders* but I don't have a chair that I could sleep in to sit up and have woken up choking on vomit before and it's really scary so I try to avoid that too.  I'm lactose intolerant so milk isn't a great option for me either.  Grr, well I'm almost 35 weeks so this should all go away soon enough!

Quoting Rosieposie1015: I will not be taking any tums with this pregnancy. I ate them like crazy with my last & ended up with kidney stones. The doc didn't say that's what caused it but all I drank was water & I don't like milk... So I don't want to risk it. Hope you feel better
Quoting rachellaree20:

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I know exactly how you feel. 8 weeks tomorrow. I was up all night. I never thought I would ever WANT to throw up....but I do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)