Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If I could just throw up....

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
I think I would feel so much better. :/
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Ugh, I know that feeling!  Hope you feel better!

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Exactly how I feel. I've only thrown up twice, both times while smelling a rice and bean dish we've had for dinner. *Well, my family has had for dinner* Chicken Fiesta with chicken, rice, 3 cans of different beans, diced tomatoes and corn. Also red beans and rice. I'm extremely nauseous every day though.
Rosieposie1015
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I am starting to feel a little better. It seems to slack off a little in the evening which I am thrilled about because with my first there was no relief ever. It is still early though so it may get worse.
Jsanchez125
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I had the same problem. Sometimes I threw up on the spot after smelling something. And then most of the day i would feel nauseous and discomfort all day. But i couldn't throw up. I hated it. I'm just glad im over that stage. Sucking on a lemon or putting lemon juice in water helped.
ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM

OMG I know....

I am 6.5 weeks pregnant now...and the nausea for me started minimally about a week ago or so...and it has gotten progressively HORRID......to the point I couldnt even eat or drink sometimes..but nope no throwing up..however I started gagging today. <oh no> lol.

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Jsanchez125: I had the same problem. Sometimes I threw up on the spot after smelling something. And then most of the day i would feel nauseous and discomfort all day. But i couldn't throw up. I hated it. I'm just glad im over that stage. Sucking on a lemon or putting lemon juice in water helped.

good to know about the lemon.

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Right!  I'm sitting up on the couch waiting for the tums to start working on this damn heartburn...if I lay down, I feel like I'm going to start choking on vomit :-(  I'm so incredibly tired but can't sleep...this heartburn crap is killing me

Rosieposie1015
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I will not be taking any tums with this pregnancy. I ate them like crazy with my last & ended up with kidney stones. The doc didn't say that's what caused it but all I drank was water & I don't like milk... So I don't want to risk it. Hope you feel better

Quoting rachellaree20:

Right!  I'm sitting up on the couch waiting for the tums to start working on this damn heartburn...if I lay down, I feel like I'm going to start choking on vomit :-(  I'm so incredibly tired but can't sleep...this heartburn crap is killing me

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Thanks :-) I'm on zantac twice a day but it doesn't help enough.  I try to aviod tums until it's absolutely unbearable since I can't stand the texture of them *shudders* but I don't have a chair that I could sleep in to sit up and have woken up choking on vomit before and it's really scary so I try to avoid that too.  I'm lactose intolerant so milk isn't a great option for me either.  Grr, well I'm almost 35 weeks so this should all go away soon enough!

Quoting Rosieposie1015: I will not be taking any tums with this pregnancy. I ate them like crazy with my last & ended up with kidney stones. The doc didn't say that's what caused it but all I drank was water & I don't like milk... So I don't want to risk it. Hope you feel better
Quoting rachellaree20:

sapphirelibra
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I know exactly how you feel. 8 weeks tomorrow. I was up all night. I never thought I would ever WANT to throw up....but I do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)