Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Plus size maternity jeans? Update!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm almost 14 weeks along. I've already switched to my fat pants but they look terrible since they're skinny jeans and they're baggy everywhere but my stomach (I've been rolling them at the bottom to try to pass them as boyfriend jeans). I'm a 16-18 normally in jeans and I'm picky about how they look. I can't find maternity pants I like anywhere and online some of the sizing is so weird that I know they'll end up being too big or too small.
Where did you bigger ladies get your maternity jeans? Pics are awesome if you have them. Thanks!

**update on page 3** :-)
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm also plus sized and the only pants I can wear are the secret fit belly from motherhood. They are not cheap but 1 or 2 good pairs is worth it
Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a size 16 and I managed with the XXL jeans from Thyme maternity until about 25-28 weeks, although they were never extremly comfortable.  But I would rather dress pants over jeans any day.  After that they got too tight.  I do find that the motherhood pants are better for plus sizes.  Sometimes wal mart has some that are ok and allow for abit more stretch as well, and they don't cost $50-$60 a pair

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of mine were from Motherhood Maternity. The fit was great, my only gripe would be that they were a bit short, but I'm extremely tall so I'm used to that, maternity or not.

MOMMY2BE0786
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Goodwill type of stores or resale shops. I am plus sized too m refuse to spend 40 plus dollars on tops and pants. You can google maternity stores in your zip code. I know old navy sells it in store along with target and walmart
melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would look at second hand stores. Craigslist etc.

WesAndNicksMom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I'm not really worried about price :-) I just don't want to spend the winter in leggings (cold legs). I'm a SAHM and I love trendy clothes so I pretty much live in my jeans lol

Quoting addiesmommy1109: I'm also plus sized and the only pants I can wear are the secret fit belly from motherhood. They are not cheap but 1 or 2 good pairs is worth it
Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I've grown out of my size 10s these past few days and have been living in sweatpants while around the house and my one dress when we've gone places. I know I have to get to a store soon to get new pants, but I'm lazy, and have extreme morning sickness. The only place I have to go this coming week is to my OB for an appointment. I may look around stores after that if I'm not too tired or sick.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Old Navy was my choice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm an 18 and the XL from Motherhood Maternity falls off me.
WesAndNicksMom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM
How are the knees? I quit buying jeans there because the knees are always way too loose. Do all of them carry maternity clothes? I'm trying to avoid buying online if it's possible :-)

Quoting beadingmom17: Old Navy was my choice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)