Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sibling gift

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I want to get our boys a "big brother" gift for when ds is born but I have no idea what. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The ages are 15, 8, and 7.
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

What about big brother books? I got this book for my daughter, she will be 8 when her little sister is born.
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Our 8 year old loves to read so we've thought about a book for him

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Mobile Photo

What about big brother books? I got this book for my daughter, she will be 8 when her little sister is born.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM
3 moms liked this

The baby is the gift LOL No suggestions we didn't do anything like that! Here is a bump!

OneToughMami
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I am so lost on these new traditions...push presents...older sibling gifts...gramma gifts...shoot my daughter is just happy finally getting a sibling and in the gender she asked for lol

On a side note, my baby is due the day before my anniversary...I'm getting sushi as a push present/anniversary present...

Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM

we don't do that...good luck

Jsanchez125
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I had not thought about that. But now that you mention it i like your idea. My daughter is 8 and son is 6. And i would love for them to feel special. I think its a great idea since it teaches them them that they are role models.

I would buy them shirts that say im a big bro/sister. Maybe get one professionally made that has the names listed in order of birth. Or maybe give them a day at a place they like to go. Or have you and and the husband make videos for each child reminding them how special they are. So they dont feel left out.
_ethansmommy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:21 PM
I am only getting my children big brother and big sister gifts because they are both on the autism spectrum. My son is especially having a very difficult time in coping with the fact that a new baby brother is coming. His sense of sound is ultra sensitive and when it come to crying or screaming it sets him off. So I keep talking to him about his big brother surprise for when Bradley gets here and it's helping him to look forward to his arrival. I want this to be a positive experience for him . My daughter is getting one just so she isn't left out. I'm just getting them things that they have been asking for for weeks now. A Lego red hulk for my son and an Anna Disney infinity toy. Super easy, just a tiny token to let them know they are still special
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM
We never did that. The bigger one (s) always picked out a gift (usually a stuffed animal) for the new baby but that's about it. Maybe some books or an outfit?
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I've had four kids and siblings never got a present. Well, my mom took my oldest for a sleepover at her house when my second was born and they went shopping for shoes, does that count lol. Other than a big sister book when my son was born that's it. Is it something you really feel necessary to give them?
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Well, since this baby is due at the same time as their birthdays, I probably won't do that:) baby is due dec. 1, and my boys will be 5 on nov. 5, and 7 on nov. 30. I'm going to be so overwhelmed between Halloween, birthdays, thanksgiving and prepping for Christmas that I'm not going to add any extras to my plate. It's a nice idea though, especially if the due date was a ways out from other gift giving holidays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)