Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For the last two months I thought I was prego. only to go to the doctor today and be told that I'm just battling a really bad bladder infection. "It's normal not to have your period when on Depo; it's normal to leak from your boobs for up to two years after delivery." She said. It doesn't explain the other things I've been feeling lately though, such as the nausea and smelling everything that comes up; along with the dry heaves when someone gets sick.She wasn't exactly listening to me and kept cutting me off too. Changing dr office doesn't work due to transportation problems... This is not the first time this has happened to me either, so Idk wtf is going on.

Liz

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-22):
Rosieposie1015
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Well I hope you get what you're hoping for but there's no way you can know without a doubt you are pregnant unless you have a positive test. Especially since you are on depo and it causes you to feel pregnant.

Quoting EHWQ1987:

I'm not saying that these people know everything just because of their age. I know that the bladder infection is messing with the test. I almost didn't go to the dr as it was. The woman is sixty and she is pregnant. Was on Depo when she got pregnant WITH TWINS.

Quoting Rosieposie1015: Just because someon is old doesn't mean they know everything. If the tests are negative it's not likely that you are. Also just curious did you mean to say the woman is 60 in pregnant or did I just read that wrong?

Quoting EHWQ1987:
Before many of naysayers keep telling me that I'm not; I know my body, you do not. If you want to keep telling me that I'm full of crap, bugger off; I don't want or need your negativity. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I know that I am pregnant. Due to my religion, I have done other types of tests, and they have come back as I AM PREGNANT with twins nonetheless. Severe bladder infections, DO mess with urine tests, whether you believe it or not. I have been told this by 3 people. One is an RN, one was a paramedic (and he forgets nothing) and the other is in her 60s and pregnant again herself.
So, ladies, I know I've gotten defensive and maybe misunderstood your intentions of trying to give me advice, but you are telling me I'm not when I know darn well and certain that I am. If you are offended, I apologize. I know my body, I know what I'm dealing with. I know the truth. You don't want to believe me, that's on you.
Quoting melindabelcher: Infections will not change pregnancy test results.
If it's still negative there is no way you are two months pregnant.
Sorry but depo causes pregnancy symptoms.
You are not pregnant.

OneToughMami
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2014 at 7:50 PM
If an RN is telling you that A bladder infection in any way can affect HCG she shouldn't be an RN. A test for a bladder infection does not affect HCG and an infection won't make HCG disappear. If your body is showing no HCG but positive for a bladder infection, you have a bladder infection and not a baby. I had a severe bladder infection with my daughter and it didn't affect the pregnancy test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)