Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Constipated =( help.

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have been crazy constipated since week 6.  Ive tried miralax, colace, fiber and have had to resort to taking magnsium citrate and doucolax. The latter two are the only ones that work. I have been taking it once a week for the past 2 weeks and its the only time i can go! I tried changing my diet. I can barely eat, but im trying to put more fruits in my diet.. even drinking prune juice didnt suffice! I also have IBS-C, so that doesnt make it any better. When I strain, i start bleeding... The nurse at my OB was making me feel horrible for taking so many laxatives, but the ER doctor said at this point its more beneficial to take the mag citrate when i need it.. there's no way that can be safe though =(. I dont want to end up in the hospital! HELP =(

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Larsbug
by Laura on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I know it's not the greatest solution but maybe an enema would you

Jessica6410
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Make sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids, I have to drink at least a 100 ounces of water a day. I developed low blood platelets recently and read that beet root juice could help increase it. I bought the juice at a health food/ supplement store and take 2 tablespoons everyday. Ever since I starting drinking it, I have been having good sized, daily movements. I wish I would have known about it earlier since it seems to help much more then pills and it's good for you.

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM

If you take that stuff frequently your body becomes dependent on it, and IBS makes that worse.  If you're trying via diet control focus on vegetables instead of fruits.  Also limit your starch intake, and if possible eliminate your gluten intake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)