Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Seeking support for my awful emotions and irrational thoughts

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hello everyone.  I am new.  I made an indroductory post about a half hour ago or so. 

Just a venting post here.

My emotions have been out of control.  I am 6.5 weeks along...they started minimally about a little over a week ago...and they are just building..the same with the nausea (that has almost gotten unbearable..no throwing up though..but I wish I could).

Back to emotions and irrational thoughts..was having an issue thinking my b/f is cheating  on me...when I really don't have a reason to suspect it.  I got upset and just put myself in huge anxiety all because he didn't call me when he usually does...I guess its because I feel disgusting...and I have just been in horrible moods...crying for no reason...snapping at people...I snapped at a subway cashier 2 days ago..I was so embarrassed...hehe...

Are irrational thoughts and feeling like you are going to lose it common?  I know the hormones can play a huge role but omg I feel like I am turning into a friggin basket case... 

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM
NORMAL. First pregnancy?
blinker612
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Omg if I had a buck for ever person I've almost punched in the face during my pregnancy my baby would be growing up on a private island in a crib made out of solid gold!

Everyone reacts differently and some people worse than others. I was actually reading one thing that said if you find you are more emotionally stable during a pregnancy, you probably have either a hormone or mood disorder normally.

I'm at serious risk for depression during and postpartum, but for the most part I've been pretty stable so far (33 weeks along now). That being said yes I have had a few episodes... screaming, crying, depression, road rage! It happens once in awhile.

Between the hormones, feeling like crap (because everyone, pregnant or not, is more irritable when they don't feel good), and all the uncertainty in the begining of a pregnancy, yow going to go through some weird emotions and feelings.

Just hang in there and try not to let it get the best of you!

(My latest stupid thought has been that my boyfriend doesn't love me anymore because I'm fat... I told him that and he started laughing so hard. I know I'm not fat and I know that he loves me but sometimes those dumb thoughts pop up.)
meagan517
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM
37.1 weeks here with twin toddlers and a 9 year old who knows everything! My husband is always working so yeah I want to kill everyone!!!
babychance4715
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Well.........I lost my sanity for a whole day and decided that I wasn't going to make a good mom to a new baby and that I wanted to give the baby up for adoption. I think my crazy switch went from 0-50,000 in 3 seconds flat. Basically.....you are not crazy. We planned this baby and my god we are so happy. Wherever that came from was deep down in the ole ovaries. :D

If I had a dollar for every time I've had road rage in the last week, my bills would be paid. I actually for 20 seconds considered getting out of my car and knocking on someone's car window and asking them why are they so mother effing stupid but in a far more violent way hahaha. I'm typically not like that. So I've learned quickly these past 3 weeks to remind myself horomones won't make a good defense if I kill someone because they didn't use their turn signal.

Pregnancy oh!
momwife620
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I was the same way. When I was pregnant with my son who is my first child. I still remember freaking out on a cashier at wal-mart. my husband and I bought a movie it was a pg 13 movie....mind you!!. she asked me for ID. saying I was under 13. I was 8 months pregnant. I am short, yes. but looked more then 13. when I told her I didn't have my id with me. i left my purse at home my husband was driving so no need for ID. i didn't know I would get proofed for that kind of movie...lol. She wouldn't even let my husband buy the movie, told me no id no movie. my hormones got the best of me. i flipped onher, threw the movie at her arm. then stormed out. my husband to this day, still cracks up about that situation. I laugh now too. by the way I was 21. :)

With my second baby and last my loving daughter I wasn't that bad. just a bit moody at moments. each and every pregnancy is different. and you are sooo normal!!. 

my kids are 10 going on 11 and 6 going on 21...lol. I am 32 now and now I am back to normal so the nastiness and moodiness wont last forever, I promise!!.   

:)

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM

yes

Quoting MixedCooke: NORMAL. First pregnancy?

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Quoting babychance4715: Well.........I lost my sanity for a whole day and decided that I wasn't going to make a good mom to a new baby and that I wanted to give the baby up for adoption. I think my crazy switch went from 0-50,000 in 3 seconds flat. Basically.....you are not crazy. We planned this baby and my god we are so happy. Wherever that came from was deep down in the ole ovaries. :D If I had a dollar for every time I've had road rage in the last week, my bills would be paid. I actually for 20 seconds considered getting out of my car and knocking on someone's car window and asking them why are they so mother effing stupid but in a far more violent way hahaha. I'm typically not like that. So I've learned quickly these past 3 weeks to remind myself horomones won't make a good defense if I kill someone because they didn't use their turn signal. Pregnancy oh!

omgggg.....I have been having road rage too...I almost followed someone in a shopping center =X

I am typically not like that either...I do get aggravated..but nothing like this...night and day.

and I am trying to remind myself that its the hormones...well..it was easier a week and a half ago...when the symptoms werent as bad..and I told myself to laugh at it....but this has been starting to be hell...Its not easy..wow.  And when the emotional rollercoaster started, my b/f just seemed helpless and didn't understand..and I am trying to explain to him....and hes trying to..but I can also tell hes getting frustrated :(  I woke up and I am already in tears..I woke up through out the night crying bc I feel so sick to due to the nausea....sorry for complaining so much..it seems that is all I have been doing.  :(

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momwife620:

I was the same way. When I was pregnant with my son who is my first child. I still remember freaking out on a cashier at wal-mart. my husband and I bought a movie it was a pg 13 movie....mind you!!. she asked me for ID. saying I was under 13. I was 8 months pregnant. I am short, yes. but looked more then 13. when I told her I didn't have my id with me. i left my purse at home my husband was driving so no need for ID. i didn't know I would get proofed for that kind of movie...lol. She wouldn't even let my husband buy the movie, told me no id no movie. my hormones got the best of me. i flipped onher, threw the movie at her arm. then stormed out. my husband to this day, still cracks up about that situation. I laugh now too. by the way I was 21. :)

With my second baby and last my loving daughter I wasn't that bad. just a bit moody at moments. each and every pregnancy is different. and you are sooo normal!!. 

my kids are 10 going on 11 and 6 going on 21...lol. I am 32 now and now I am back to normal so the nastiness and moodiness wont last forever, I promise!!.   

:)

LOL...that is a funny story....I do try to laugh at myself too...but because the symptoms are getting worse..i am finding it harder and harder....the first time I had some kind of weird emotion was in the kitchen about 1.5 weeks ago....I just started crying hard out of no where while I was cooking eggs and baking a potato...The baked potato upset me because it just looks so ruined..  lol...I was able to laugh at that..and a few other things..but like I said...now?  this is nuts...lol.   Oh I am 32 as well, but this is my first

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Quoting blinker612: Omg if I had a buck for ever person I've almost punched in the face during my pregnancy my baby would be growing up on a private island in a crib made out of solid gold! Everyone reacts differently and some people worse than others. I was actually reading one thing that said if you find you are more emotionally stable during a pregnancy, you probably have either a hormone or mood disorder normally. I'm at serious risk for depression during and postpartum, but for the most part I've been pretty stable so far (33 weeks along now). That being said yes I have had a few episodes... screaming, crying, depression, road rage! It happens once in awhile. Between the hormones, feeling like crap (because everyone, pregnant or not, is more irritable when they don't feel good), and all the uncertainty in the begining of a pregnancy, yow going to go through some weird emotions and feelings. Just hang in there and try not to let it get the best of you! (My latest stupid thought has been that my boyfriend doesn't love me anymore because I'm fat... I told him that and he started laughing so hard. I know I'm not fat and I know that he loves me but sometimes those dumb thoughts pop up.)

lol....everyones responses have been wonderful and also funny ! 

Do you mean if people find themselves more emotionally unstable?  Because if so that makes sense bc i am diagnosed with anxiety/ocd tendencies and depressions (however it is well managed).  Yes...the uncertainty...I am still first trimester so bc of my natural tendency to worry.....that has also been difficult...But i did see and hear the heart rate on Thursday...so that was such a beautiful thing. 

I am already crying to the boyfriend saying I am fat ....I have a lot of work to do to manage my emotions. 

ocdformusic
by Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Quoting meagan517: 37.1 weeks here with twin toddlers and a 9 year old who knows everything! My husband is always working so yeah I want to kill everyone!!!

hah !  Omg !  Well you are just about up !!  Good luck !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)