Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

polyhydramnios

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

Too much fluid at 29w2d. Have you ever been diagnosed with it? What happened? I have no other symptems of diabeties or any abnormalities at all. Thanks in advance

by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I haven't. What did your doctor say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumnsmommy02
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I had it with 2 of my babies n they couldn't find any reasons why. I never had any complications except I felt less movement. So far my fluid has measured perfect this pregnancy *knock on wood*.
kelly617
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM

I had this with my last pregnancy...actually diagnosed at 29wks as well
No other symptoms...I did pass my GD test.
They just started monitoring me much closer...I had twice weekly NST's and weekly ultrasounds to check the fluid levels.
It never got better...I believe the last ultrasounds I had before I had my son at 39wks it was at an 18? and I think it was supposed to be about half that.

It didn't effect the baby at all...it was mostly just really uncomfortable for me...my fundal height was measuring a good 6wks ahead at all times. I lookedl ike I was ready to pop at 7months.

I was part of the small percentage that gets polyhydraminos for no reason they can figure out

mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 5:07 AM
My sister had this. She measured over 50 weeks at full term :/
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I go for an ultrasound in a couple weeks to find out if I have it but have no previous experience with it
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I'm diabetic and I had it with my 14 month old. I just got super huge and the induced me at 38 weeks.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I also had frequent ultrasounds to monitor the fluid and my NSTs started earlier.
Whit0416
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I have it. I'm 36 wks with 32cm of fluid. I have weekly sonos and will be induced at 38 weeks bc of it. Other than constant BH contractions and swelling everything is fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN