Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Exams..?:/

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
So tomorrow I'm having my pelvic exam done & I'm so anxious.. Like, I was so uncomfortable with the last test (which I should be getting the results for tomorrow a well) & I've heard the pelvic exam and all that stuff hurts.. Does it for real? Were any of you uncomfortable with these exams (ths is my first pelvic exam) & if so, how did you calm yourself? I'm just not use to anyone else being there besides my husband and I'm not a hundred percent sure how this goes.. Opinions, advice?
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
It's not really uncomfortable for me but this is my 3rd so I'm use to it by now. It has never hurt me though but I know some women do complain that it hurts. I don't think it's like a horrible pain you can't handle more like an uncomfortable pressure? Idk. My doctor is always very gentle so I have never had any pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalogan22
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:22 PM
I'm sure I'll become more comfortable later, & I've heard also that it was mostly pressure. I'm sure its different for everyone tho. At least you never felt any pain. Will they check the cervix at every visit now?

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: It's not really uncomfortable for me but this is my 3rd so I'm use to it by now. It has never hurt me though but I know some women do complain that it hurts. I don't think it's like a horrible pain you can't handle more like an uncomfortable pressure? Idk. My doctor is always very gentle so I have never had any pain.
mommys2babies
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Its not uncomfortable. Its more of a little pressure
lillucky8
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM
How far along are you? My doc only did a pelvic on the first visit while doing the pap smear, then not again until labor with my daughter, and i had a bagillian exams with my son bc he kept causing premature labor signs...its a big uncomfortable but not terrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM

It's not necessary to do internal exams before active labour to "check" you.  If you're uncomfortable you shouldn't have any issues declining.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM
It's uncomfortable but only last about 30-60 seconds. I'm a big baby with pain and didn't think it was that bad, my leg cramps hurt wayyy worse
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Usually they do but you can deny it if your not comfortable with it. It's really no indication of when labor will start.

Quoting mamalogan22: I'm sure I'll become more comfortable later, & I've heard also that it was mostly pressure. I'm sure its different for everyone tho. At least you never felt any pain. Will they check the cervix at every visit now?

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: It's not really uncomfortable for me but this is my 3rd so I'm use to it by now. It has never hurt me though but I know some women do complain that it hurts. I don't think it's like a horrible pain you can't handle more like an uncomfortable pressure? Idk. My doctor is always very gentle so I have never had any pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I got them with my previous labors, won't be having any this time. I'm 33+3
mamalogan22
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I'm 37 weeks until Friday. I didn't have to get a pap smear.

Quoting lillucky8: How far along are you? My doc only did a pelvic on the first visit while doing the pap smear, then not again until labor with my daughter, and i had a bagillian exams with my son bc he kept causing premature labor signs...its a big uncomfortable but not terrible
mamalogan22
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM
okay. Thank y'all got the comments! (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)