Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have you picked a name yet?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
  • 187 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you picked out a name for your baby yet? If so, are you sharing the name? 

I always loved the name picking time. With our first, we had names picked out before our ultrasound. I didn't really care if we found out the gender or not at the ultrasound but DH wanted to know, so I told him we needed to have names ready for both. We already had the girl's name picked out and we knew the middle name if it was a boy, we just needed the first name. 

With our second we didn't have a name until birth. We knew we were having another boy and had a couple of choices but weren't sure until we saw him what his name would be. 

With our last, I already had a girl's name picked out and thankfully she was a girl because we had no ideas for boys names, lol. 

its a boy  its a girl

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I think Xavier Dominic is my final choice.

I want to see him first before I know for sure. I will share is name once he is born.
melindabelcher
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM

No name chosen yet. We're still working on our lists of names we like. We'll pick the name that fits after birth.

We are due in just over 6 weeks with suprise gender :)

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Im 28 weeks and still dont jave a name for this turkey. Dh hates anyrhing I suggest. But he only suggests naming baby after him which im against for many reasons. (Plus dh chose to take a job 5 bours away after we found out I was pregnant....so we havent seen each other buynfor 3 days since april)
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Tyrian Kincade and Ryan James Remington (two middle names)
I'm 25 weeks, we've had these names chosen for a while now. We had some girl names, but nothing for sure when we found out they were both boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I have a couple names picked out for a girl and there is a couple names we like for a boy but none we are just in love with. We aren't finding out the gender till birth so I know we have a long time to decide but I'm just one of those people that HAS to have one name of each so that I can start getting use to the name lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a definite boy name: Matthias Isaiah. The two girl names I love (Bethany Hope and Abigail Faith) our kids had us use to name our miscarried babies so I don't want to confuse them by using them for this baby if we have a girl (my 6 year old calls our angel babies by the names all the time).We were debating Hannah Faith or Hannah Hope but I'm not sure on the name Hannah. I love the name Daniela Hope but I thought about using it before and my mom told me how no one pronounces it correctly (it is her middle name-she also has a first name that no one pronounces correctly so she is quick to tell me if something might be hard to pronounce). We also have been sticking with Bible names and this is not Biblical. However, despite being pronounced differently and European-lol, I might be able to get away with saying it's supposed to somehow be a feminine version of Daniel. Lol!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM

We have chosen Julius, but are not a hundred percent on the middle name.

Mrs.Smith080808
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Our little Girl will be Danyka Joy Ann.  If baby would have been a boy it would have been Ryker James Dwaine

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I like it. Does the name have any special meaning to you?

Quoting DACIA79: I think Xavier Dominic is my final choice. I want to see him first before I know for sure. I will share is name once he is born.

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

When did you decide on names for your first three? Before or after birth?

Quoting melindabelcher:

No name chosen yet. We're still working on our lists of names we like. We'll pick the name that fits after birth.

We are due in just over 6 weeks with suprise gender :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)