Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A little worried, just want to get my feelings out.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

At my last appointment, I was 13 weeks exactly. It was suppose to be a regular doctor's appointment. The doctor came in and said that she wanted to me to go ahead and do the glucose test. But she wanted to let me hear the baby's  heart beat. When she tried to hear the heart beat she couldn't find it. She said that she was sure that everything was fine but she wanted to do an ultrasound just in case. So, I had to wait 20 minutes for the ultrasound. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life. I was do worried. They finally called me for the ultrasound. They found the baby and the heart beat. The heart beat was strong and steady and allthe measurements were good. The doctor said that the baby was perfect.

But still, even with the good news, I am worried. And I know it will be a while before I can feel the baby moved so I don't even have that for comfort. My next appointment is the glucose test and then maybe they will schedule the ultrasound to find out the sex. I just don't know how to not worry about it. They even said during the ultrasound that the baby was moving alot and I could see it moving. Just worried, and I don't know how not to be. Thanks for reading.

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emily197
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM
The heart beat was strong try and relax and not stress. Why is she doing the glucose test so early?
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Alot of times it will be 16 weeks or later before they can hear it with the dopplar. When was your appointment?
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Emily197: The heart beat was strong try and relax and not stress. Why is she doing the glucose test so early?

She is doing the test early because I was already borderline for diabetes before getting pregnant. She has had me record my bood sugar between appointments, but they want to make sure that they stay on top of it. I was taking meds for the diabetes before pregnancy, but then I started losing weight so they stopped the meds. Now they want to see if I need to be on the meds again. I also go every two weeks instead of once a month.

Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Quoting nebcutie: Alot of times it will be 16 weeks or later before they can hear it with the dopplar. When was your appointment?

I was 13 weeks at my appointment. It was last Wednesday. My next appointment is on the 2nd, I will be 15 weeks.

caitipenn
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
My doc had a hard time hearing the hb on a Doppler til I was about 14-15 weeks. I have a tilted uterus and he said that may be why. He just would do quick ultrasounds and all was fine. Just relax ur done with ur 1st trimester so enjoy pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Quoting caitipenn: My doc had a hard time hearing the hb on a Doppler til I was about 14-15 weeks. I have a tilted uterus and he said that may be why. He just would do quick ultrasounds and all was fine. Just relax ur done with ur 1st trimester so enjoy pregnancy.

Thank you, just knowing someone else has been through it and everything was ok, makes me feel better.

caitipenn
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 27w 3d. It was scary at first but you just have to stay positive and have faith all will be okay

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Quoting caitipenn: My doc had a hard time hearing the hb on a Doppler til I was about 14-15 weeks. I have a tilted uterus and he said that may be why. He just would do quick ultrasounds and all was fine. Just relax ur done with ur 1st trimester so enjoy pregnancy.

Thank you, just knowing someone else has been through it and everything was ok, makes me feel better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I bought my own dopplar on ebay at 16 weeks so i could hear him when i wanted and i had some trouble at first but i finially stopped finding my heart beat and found his. Iam sure if you ask when you go get the glucose test they will try again. Try not to worry. I know it is hard. The dopplar also helped me through the flutter stage alot!! Cause you do not always feel movement and he was tucked in my back so i was not feeling him move alot at first. It drove me crazy!

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Quoting nebcutie: Alot of times it will be 16 weeks or later before they can hear it with the dopplar. When was your appointment?

I was 13 weeks at my appointment. It was last Wednesday. My next appointment is on the 2nd, I will be 15 weeks.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:38 AM
With all 4 of my kids, the doppler wouldn't pick up a hb until after 16 weeks.

Try not to stress!

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emily197
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM
That makes since.

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314:

Quoting Emily197: The heart beat was strong try and relax and not stress. Why is she doing the glucose test so early?

She is doing the test early because I was already borderline for diabetes before getting pregnant. She has had me record my bood sugar between appointments, but they want to make sure that they stay on top of it. I was taking meds for the diabetes before pregnancy, but then I started losing weight so they stopped the meds. Now they want to see if I need to be on the meds again. I also go every two weeks instead of once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN