Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Will baby have their own room?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM
  • 60 Replies

Will baby have their own room? If not, where will he/she sleep? If so, will there be a theme to the room? Post photos of their rooms if you have them!

My kids were all fortunate enough to have their own rooms. DS1 slept in his from day one (blue jean teddy theme), ds2 slept in a bassinet in our room intitially before moving to his own room (truck/car theme) and dd slept in rocker/sleeper in our room when she wasn't co-sleeping with us (shabby chic theme) until she moved to her own room.

sleep

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shelleyb413
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Yes it will. Once I know it's gender the transformation of the bedroom to a nursery will begin! :)
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

No, baby is rooming in with DH and I in our bedroom, and has a bassinet in the living room. We're moving into a bigger house next year, but for right now it just wouldn't make sense to move when I want the baby in my room anyways.

Avetay
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Baby will be in my room till about 9 months old then he/she will share a room with their sibling. (I have a boy ans girl)
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Quoting Shelleyb413: Yes it will. Once I know it's gender the transformation of the bedroom to a nursery will begin! :)

When do you find out the gender?  Do you theme ideas in mind?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Serabeth06:

No, baby is rooming in with DH and I in our bedroom, and has a bassinet in the living room. We're moving into a bigger house next year, but for right now it just wouldn't make sense to move when I want the baby in my room anyways.

It all works out.  I always had a baby in our bedroom too...it was just that much easier esp. when they are so little.

sabrinarose86
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, he will have his own room, Chicago Bears Style, he will sleep in our bedroom until he's old enough to be in his crib. :)
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but it's not going to work after 2-3 nights Xavier will end up in my room.

I think that I just like decorating the nursery.

With my baby born last year it was the first time that I had room for a nursery so I was excited. After a couple of nights of me sleeping in the nursery. I gave up.

whitneyJ21
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My daughter slept in a bassinet for 4 months and then a crib in our room till 6 months. Her theme is butterflies but its being changed to gray and yellow chevron

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Nope. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to fit any of the baby gear, considering we've got a small two bedroom townhouse. I'm hoping we can move to a 3 or 4 bedroom house before he gets here. My two older boys don't have enough space as it is, and with no backyard, I have no place to let them get their energy out (people at this townhouse are very irresponsible with their pets, half of them don't pick up their poop and there is a vicious boxer a couple doors down that I'm terrified will attack us.) I'm 27 weeks now so I'm really hoping we can get the funds together before baby arrives. But we still owe the midwife $2600, plus my older kids birthdays are coming up, and all the upcoming holidays. Ugh.

booaura
by Aurabella on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Until they're about 2, they'll sleep with us, then they'll probably share a room, since they're twins. All our babies sleep with us until age 2. Our oldest two are 4 and 2, and they share a room for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN