Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you tell???

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I found out today via HPT (im confirming at the doc tomorrow) That I am Pregnant!!!!!

I went the sperm donor route and only a handful of people knew i was thinking about it and fewer knew i had tried it...

Im trying to figure out how to tell my friends family and roommates... I dont want to say anything til its confirmed for sure (though i let it slip to my best girlfriend) to anyone else... and im going to wait til at least 10 weeks to tel everyone i dont know extremely well... 

How should I tell them???

How did you tell???

by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWilk32
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Congrats! Pinterest has some really cute ideas for announcements.

We never did anything super exciting for ours.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Congrats!!

We announced our 4th by our youngest wearing a shirt saying he was going to be a big brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blinker612
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I just did what everyone else my age does and posted a picture of my ultrasound on facebook. Lol not very creative, but this wasn't a planned pregnancy and we figured everyone was going to freak out.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I had my son hold a book that says "I'm a Big Brother" and took a picture of him "reading" it.

dipsetgrl06
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

For family we told them on mothers day. We put a pair of baby booties in a box and gave them to our moms and grandmas. I was only 6wks when we told them.

I used this picture to announce on facebook for friends and other family members when I was 8wks.
kaybayblee3
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I'm boring lol, I just told family over dinner. But check pintrest or youtube. A lot of people do these neat stop-motion videos for announcements.

AmazingMomOfTwo
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Sent pictures to everyone with our youngest wearing a shirt saying g big brother.
IQuitCounting
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM

First off, I'd wait until after the 1st trimester to annouce it in general.  With close friends and family sure, but if for any reason something happens you don't want to have to deal with answering questions to the general public.

From there, it's up to you.

For us we bought his father a childs golf club set, and his mother a book called "I loved you before I met you" that my husband inscribed with a few words for her.  My mother recieved a build a bear with a necklace that said "Nana" on it.

If we are lucky and have another I'll probably do a photo shoot because I have something very specific in mind.

Jennasmom08
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM

1st one we just told people, 2nd one we bought a "I'm a Big Sister" shirt

BraniOut
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM
With my first, everyone figured it out by 7 weeks because my morning sickness made it too obvious. lol

With my second, I printed a picture of the ultrasound and put it in with some pictures of my DD, so my mom was looking though the pictures and was shocked to see the ultrasound pics. We waited to tell everyone until we knew the gender the second time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN