Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hypothyroidism

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
So couple months ago I went in to doc from bein so tired and also unexplained weight gain. Turns out I had a thyroid issue. So.I've been on meds for almost 2 months and levels are normal again. Doc told me it be hard to get pregnant and if I did that higher chance of miscarriage. Now I'm scared. I just had a baby 7 months ago this was shocker cuz period was all over place didn't think was ovulatin like supposed to. So eventho a complete shock I don't want to miscarry. I have 2 times before and don't want That again! Any one have experience with pregnancy and . thyroid prob
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SailorMiniMoon
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM
I haven't experience this yet but think positive. Usually, I Google things I am curious about or have a long talk with my doctor when I feel uneasy. Doctors are humans too maybe he/she can shine some light on your situation and attend to your needs. I wish I could be more help. Hang in there.
bunnywzrd
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not a member of this group but I do have hypothyroid. I have never miscarried. My pregnancies were difficult but nothing very extreme. I did go into preterm labor a couple of times but they were able to stop it. Just be careful and make sure they keep checking it. Your other two miscarries could have been because of your undiagnosed thyroid issues. As long and they keep the levels up where they need to be you should be fine. Best of luck to you.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
shawnalovesdon0
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My thyroid is horrible. I found out when I was 15 that I had hypothyroidism. I'm bad at taking meds and forget to take them. I'm currently 35wreks pregnant with my 3rd. This pregnancy I didn't start taking my meds until 2 months ago consistently. I feel great now that my levels are way better. The growth of the baby is fine and is right on track. Good luck, everyone body does different things.
DW030714
by Nichole on Sep. 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with twins but they detected my low thyroid levels early. I've been taking medication every day and will be continued to be monitored. I've not had any issues because of it. As long as they are watching your levels and you stay medicated, it should be fine.

mamakristena210
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Thanks that eases my mind some! I been on meds for couple months n my levees are normal again so that's good!
Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not been diagnosed with a true thyroid problem, but I am being treated with meds for hypothyroidism (my numbers are just a few short of true diagnosis)... I am 20 weeks with my 3rd and they told me that regulated numbers and meds are what you need and not to worry.

EMMYBEARSMOMMY
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I have it and have not had issues getting pregnant.I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and I just have to have my levels checked every 2 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN